Chapter 1

This is based on the book "The Awakening" by Samantha Hoffman. I change the characters names, but I'm using some of the story line for it. Enjoy :)

I dart across the parking lot, pulling my hood up over my head to keep it dry. The dark rain clouds covering the sun make it impossible to see clearly. I follow the sounds of other students are making up to the front door of the school.

When I step into the brightly lit entry way I shake the rain water off refraining from making my backpack more wet than it had been.

Walking to my locker, I try to keep my head down. I try to ignore the students around me giving me weird looks, as I pass by them. Some even begin to whisper. I try to ignore them, but it's hard.

"Oh my gosh. Do you think she helped her do it?"

"Only she would be friends with that freak."

I stop in front of my locker and spin around in search for who last spoke. I'm not surprised to find Bridget. She's Queen B of the school and makes sure everyone knows it. She has no issue with letting people know what she thinks of them. But for some reason, I'm one of her favorite punching bags.

She sees me looking and gives a hard glare at me.

"She wasn't a freak."

My fist curls at my sides at the mention of my best friend's name. It's only been three weeks since her funeral, and I've done nothing but miss her.

Hearing Bridget say something bad about Angelina like that makes me want to wring her neck. I need to keep my temper in check, last thing I need is to be expelled.

"You're irrelevant."

She folds her arms and glares at me. "Why should I care what you think of me? And I can say what I please. Free country sweetie."

I start to think about the fun times Angelina and I would hang out and not worry about anybody else. She was my only friend I was myself around. She was like a sister to me; she would always hangout at my house. My mom loved her, she loved having her around. She is also one of the only people who knew about what had happened to my dad.

My mom had me when she was sixteen. Her and my dad, were together until we got in a car crash. We had gone out to eat as family, on our way home a drunk driver hit us.

Bridget claps her hands and I realize she's still talking. "I asked you a question bitch. Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break you out of your fantasies about your "best friend"?"

"In fact I wasn't bitch. Now what were you bitching about?"

She scoffed, "I said were you in love with her?"

"No I wasn't."

I'm trying to best I can to not rip her fake hair out of her head.

The bell rings, but I don't move. Neither does Bridget and her bitch gang. They watch my every move, just waiting for me to lash out at them. I take a deep breath, slam my locker and start to walk away.

I know Angelina wouldn't want me to fight them.

I stop in my tracks as Bridget speaks again. "I bet she killed herself because she couldn't stand what a freak she was."

I throw my bag on the ground and launch at her. She falls on the ground as I sit on top of her and start punching her face.

Before I could throw any more punches I am pulled off Bridget and slammed against a locker. Bridget's boyfriend, captain of the baseball team, he throws a punch towards my head, I move my head to the side and his fist comes in contact with the locker.