Chapter 3

“Emma Redding, open your eyes, and enjoy the beginning of your new life.”

I open my eyes to see I’m in some type of nurse’s office, bigger than the one at school.

The voice I was hearing came from the woman beside me. I quickly sit up and scoot closer to the wall. I instantly get a shooting pain in my head.

“Emma, it’s okay.” She lays her hand on mine.

“Where am I?”

“You’re at Daray Hall. Does your head hurt?” I nod. “The nurse gave you some medicine; the pain should go away soon. For now, I’ll give you a tour then show you your room.”

I give her a questionable look, “its okay, Emma. I won’t hurt you. We intend on keeping you safe here.”

I don’t say anything. She holds my hand tighter and gives me a little pull off the bed. I fully get off looking around, there’s a few beds aligned on the wall and a few across from it, occupied by two teenagers.

The lady leads us out of the room, and let’s go of my hand.

“What exactly is here?” I ask looking around.

“Daray Hall,”

“And?”

“A place where teenagers go once they have died,” as she speaks I look at her. She is beautiful, golden curly hair, green eyes, and a small figure, almost like mine, but she is a few inches taller.

“Why would they come here?”

“They weren’t happy in their other life. When they come here they almost get to start over again, in a way.”

“Start over?”

“Yes, they begin a new life, but in the same body and memories.”

“So how is it a new life?”

“You’re vampires.”

What? I'm a vampire?

“I'm a vampire? What the hell!?”

“Please do not use that language around me.” She says calmly.

“At Daray Hall, you will take classes that help you control your thirst for blood and your actions.” I nod. “In this building is, the cafeteria, health office and bedrooms. You will have a roommate.”

This building has three floors, thank god there are elevators.

We walk through double doors and start walking outside.

The lady points over to a two story building, “that is where the Protectors live, well some actually.”

“What’s your name?” I ask her.

“Julianne, sorry I should’ve told you that from the start. I’m the head of Daray Hall. Sort of like the principle.”

“Are you a vampire too?”

“Yes, everyone here is.”

“I’ll show you the gym,” she says and we start walking towards a building about the size of the first building we were in.

We walk inside, in the right corner a boxing ring with two boys in it swinging at each other and grunting. Both boys shirtless, one of the boys had blonde hair and the other had dark brown.

The dark brown boy’s eyes met mine. He smirked, and shook his head and went back to swinging at the other guy.

Along the walls are several guys laying on the mats doing crunches, sit-ups, you name it.