Chapter 6

When I get into my room, I see Morgan sitting on her bed, reading a magazine.

"You're back early," she says not looking up.

"Yeah, Jack cut it short." I huff as a plop on my bed, putting my hands on my faces.

"Do we have internet or our cell phones?" I ask, turning my head to look at Morgan.

"Yeah, your phone should be on your dresser. They take it and change your number, delete all previous numbers, and ban all social media off of it," she rolls her eyes when she informs me about social media.

How did I not notice that?

I get off my bed and grab my phone, "Hey, can I have your number? Just in case I need you for anything."

"Sure, I'll add Angelina and the other girl's, too." She sets her magazine out and reaches her arm out. I place my phone in her hand.

I sit on the edge of her bed and grab the magazine and flip through the pages as I wait.

"Done," she says and hands me my phone back. "We have class in an hour, by the way."

"How long are the classes?"

"Like forty-five” she shrugs.

"Is it like the whole school in one class?"

"No, there's like twenty-five, thirty students." She explains. "You know, I'm surprised you haven't gone all crazy yet."

"What do you mean?" I pull my legs up on her bed, criss-cross and facing her.

"Well, we all need blood in certain about of time and it's been a while for you."

"I don't know. I don't feel tired or whatever. Where do we get blood?"

"You can get some when we go to lunch after class.”

Thirty minutes before class, I took my shower and got ready.  Since it’s my first day of class, I wanted to look somewhat presentable. I choose to wear skinny jeans, a white v-neck, and black vans. My wardrobe has also been plain and simple things.

Morgan had let me borrow her mascara and lip balm. She also did a fish-tail side braid for me.

As we walk into class, I see an older male at the front of the room.

"I'm guessing you're Emma Redding?" He asks me.

"Yes, uhm, sir."

"Mr. Collins. You can sit with, Miss. Olsen, for now." He smiles and gestures towards the room.

Morgan chooses the table in the second row, as I follow after her. Several more students start to fill the room and of course, I get stared at like usual.

"When will they ever stop staring at me?" I lean in and whisper to Morgan.

She laughs, "You're the new girl. It'll pass over in like three days or a week, tops." I nod.

"Who else do we know has this class?"

"Angelina, Camer-," Morgan stops when she hears someone say, "You've got to be fucking kidding me." We look towards the door and see Jack and Johnson, looking in our direction. More specifically, me.

Jack clenches his jaw as he walks towards the back of the room.

"What's his problem?" She asks, rolling her eyes.

"I don't know," I lie. I don't want to tell her what happened in the gym, especially now. But then again, it isn't a big deal, either.

"Emma!" I hear a familiar voice.

"Hey!" I greet Angelina and Cameron. I look between them and see they're holding hands. I look back up at Angelina and she mouths, tell you later.

"Everybody take a seat please." Mr. Collins orders, as he shuts the door.

"Today we're going to earn how to take blood from a human, without killing them." He informs the class as he walks back towards his desk. "So, I'm going to partner you up in pairs."

Mr. Collins grabs a clipboard and starts reading name's off,

Yasmin and Chris

Angelina and Cameron

Morgan and Johnson

Emma and Jack

Shit.

The class gets up, moving to their assigned partners. I get up and go to the back, assuming Jack won't come to me.

I pull the stool out and sit closest to the end on my side.

"I'm going to demonstrate what you’re supposed to do. So you aren’t actually going to do it until another time. So, what you're going to do is; take your nail and place it where their neck meets their shoulder, causing the skin to break. Then, you’re going to drink their blood. When you're drinking, count to fifteen then stop, “Mr. Collins explains the directions to us.

I'm going to have to eventually drink Jacks blood?

“Any questions?” Mr. Collins asks the class.

Someone closer to the front raises their hand, “Yes?” Mr. Collins calls on her. “When would we ever need to do this?” she asks.

“You would need to use this, if you’re ever in a situation where you need more strength, or where you need blood but there isn’t anything else available. Any more questions?” He looks around the room, students shaking their heads no. “Okay, you may socialize with your partner, and only your partner! Please keep the noise level down.”

I look over at Jack, who’s staring at the table.

“Are you mad at me?” I blurt.

He turns his attention to me, setting his forearms on the table folding his hands together and leans in towards me. “Now why would you think this?”

“Do I even have to explain? I think it’s pretty obvious you are.” I scoff, looking at the board.

“Wouldn’t you be pissed if someone was about to hit you?”

“Wouldn’t you be pissed if you were a girl, and having a guy look down your shirt?” I come back. I'm not taking this; obviously he isn’t a girl and wouldn’t know. But I'm just trying to show him what it would be like in my place.

I look at him, as he takes a bit to respond and he finally speaks up, nodding his head, “I guess you’re right. I'm sorry.”

“Thank you,” I sigh. “Can we start over or something, since I'm going to be seeing you basically every day?”

“Sure. I'm Jack Gilinsky,” he sticks his hand out towards me and I shake it and say, “Emma Redding.”

(Sorry it's a boring and short chapter! I wanted to update for you guys, so i hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment and follow my instagram @mattsbootie . Love you guys <3)