Chapter 7

“Do you have your phone with you?” Jack asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Let me see it,” he sticks his hand out and I place it in his hand. “I'm putting my number in it, so I can text you when we have training.” I nod, as I watch him type on my phone. “Here,” he gives it back and I put it in my back pocket.

“How long have you been here?” I ask him and add, “At Daray Hall.”

“About five months.”

I think about to when I first came here, well, woke up. I remember what Julianne told me; when they die it’s because they weren’t happy in their previous life. I wanted to ask him, about his past life, before he died. I decided against it, considering how personal it may be.

So instead I ask, “How long did it take you to become a protector?”

“Not too long after I got here.”

Before I could ask anything else, the bell rang. I was about to say goodbye to Jack but he’s already walking out the door with Johnson.

I start walking out of the class, when I hear my name being called. I look back and see Angelina, holding hands with Cameron.

“I’ll see you later, babe.” Angelina kisses Cameron on the cheek.

“Bye babe, bye Emma!” Cameron says walking off.

“Babe?” I question Angelina while laughing.

“Yeah, he asked me out last night! It was so cute, too!”

“How’d he ask-“before can finish my sentence, I bump into someone and fall to the floor on my ass.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention!" I look up and see who the voice was coming from. The boy had dark hair and blue eyes, "Are you Emma Redding?"

"Yeah." He sticks a hand out and I grab it and he pulls me up. "Should I know you?"

He shakes his head, "No, but I've heard a lot about you." I roll my eyes. "But I would like to know more." He grins. "I'm Charlie, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, but we have to go... so bye." I grab Angelina's hand and start to walk off.

***

“Why were you so awkward and standoff-ish towards Charlie?! He’s cute!” Angelina said closing my door.

“I don’t know. I got scared I guess.”

“Emma Redding scared?” She gaped at me with her voice laced in sarcasm.

“Anyways, how did Cameron ask you out?” I asked her changing the subject.

“Okay, so he invited me to his room the other day. And when I got in the lights were all dimmed, there was a blanket on lying on the ground, and candles lit around the room. And Cameron was sitting on the blanket with a picnic basket. And while we were eating our dessert he asked me. It was really cute.” She said with a little sparkle in her eyes.

“That’s so cute!” I smile at her. “I'm so happy for you!”

(So sorry for the wait and how sucky and short this chapter is. I got so busy, because it was my birthday then it was my moms the week after, and then I had to prepare for school, go to school, and finish my other book. So I'm so sorry it’s been like 2 months. And I had such a brain fart with what to write. But I already have 13k reads on this, like whaaaat that’s crazy! Thank you guys ilysm! Please vote and comment any ideas! And follow my instagram @mattsbootie!)