Chapter 8

As I'm walking down the halls that have a few students standing around, they’re attention is on me. I hear some say "whore" and "freak". I shake my head, ignoring them with the best of my ability trying not to let my anger get the best of me.

I open the gym doors and spot Jack by the weights and make my way over there.

"Good morning."

"Morning! So today we're doing cardio and arms," he says getting straight to the point.

"Can't wait," I muttered.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing," I reply looking back Jack.

"Okay. We're going outside to run." Jack leads me through the side doors and there's a big grass field. "We're going to run around it three times then we'll do a few ab workouts." I nod. "Let's go."

I jog along Jack as we make our way around the field and occasionally running.

Finally, we finish the last lap and I lay on the ground on my back. "Here," Jack says. I look up at him and he hands me a water bottle.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Okay, abs now." 

***

"I hurt everywhere!" I groan walking into my room.

"Why?" Morgan sits up on her bed.

"Jack and I ran three laps around the field, then we did way too many ab workouts, then he decided to be an asshole and make me run two more laps because supposedly I wasn't putting enough effort into the workout," I said out of breath as I ranted. I plopped on my bed and took a deep breath.

"That sucks," Morgan laughs.

"What have you been doing?" I ask changing the subject.

"Being bored as hell and texting. Let’s go by Angelina’s room and hangout with her!”

“How about you go and I sleep?” I say giving her a big smile.

“Commmme on!” she whined.

“I'm tired and hurt and just want to sleep. Please. At least give me thirty minutes and I will be over there.”

“Fine!” I huffs and leaves the room.

After my shower and I put some comfortable clothes on and went to bed.

I woke up to my phone vibrating every few seconds. I click on the on button and see I have five text messages from Morgan and Angelina, all asking where I was.

Why couldn’t they just come to the room?

***

After fixing my hair in a high pony and not bothering changing out of my sweatshirt and shorts, I went to Angelina’s room.

I knocked several times then finally gave up when no one answered.

“Hey Emma!” I turn to the familiar voice to see, Charlie.

“Hi Charlie.” I gave him a small wave.

“Angelina’s not in her room, they’re all hanging out in Cameron’s room. I was actually going over there.”

“Want to walk together?” I ask politely.

“Sure.”

SHORT CHAPTER YES I KNOW AND I PREFER WRITING SHORT CHAPTERS. BUT THEY MIGHT GET LONGER WHEN THE STORY GOES ON BUT ENOJY :) THANKS FOR 14K!!!!!