Scenario Eight: Sick

Requested by: Otaku_QueenBee

"Skylar, come on, just take your medicine" Nami irritably huffed as she found herself seated beside the brunette's bedside in the Sick Bay. Currently, Chopper wasn't there as he had to go out with Robin to collect a few supplies that he happened to be in desperate need of, leaving the rest of the crew in charge of watching a very sick Skylar until he came back.

"Make sure that she takes her medicine on time and that she stays in bed, I know it's just a simple common cold, but even those can turn deadly if not treated properly."

"No, it tastes bad" Skylar huffed right back with the shake of her head, her hands placed right on top of her mouth as she childishly turned her head the other way. This only irritated the ginger more as she simply heaved a heavy sigh, gradually becoming annoyed with her friend.

"It's your own fault that you're even in this mess to begin with, you know?" she lightly growled. "So quit complaining and just take the damn medicine!" she snapped, shoving the small cup of clear liquid in her hands towards the brunette once again who only used one of her hands to push it right back. "Don't you dare make me go and get Zoro in here" the navigator threatened.

"Oh yeah? What's that walking Christmas tree going to do?" Skylar muttered; her voice muffled by the palms of her hands. "One flash of the girls and he'll be down for the count."

"Did...did you just threatened to flash your own man?"

"...No..."

"Liar!" Nami snapped as she smacked Skylar upside the head before pinching the bridge of her nose as she leaned back into her seat and sucked in a sharp breath of air through her nose in an attempt to calm herself. Tiredly she sighed as she sat the cup in her hand down on the bedside table. "You're making this far more difficult then it needs to be" she sighed with a small smile as she watched how her friend lowly whined and rubbed the side of her head before she loudly sniffed. Her eyes and nose were a puffy red and her cheeks were flushed as she would sniff and cough every now and again—she was unable to eat much, her stomach only letting her eat and drink certain things without the risk of her feeling nauseous. "What made you think it was a good idea to go playing out in the rain?"

"Huh?" Skylar perked up, owlishly blinking her eyes before suddenly blushing in embarrassment as she directed her gaze elsewhere. "Well...Luffy and Usopp looked like they were having fun, so I decided that I wanted to join them" she quietly mumbled, hands immediately flying up to defend herself the minute Nami began to smack at her.

"You know better than to follow in those two idiots footsteps!" Nami snapped. "I'm amazed that those two haven't wound up sick yet themselves with half the crap they do!" she scowled before sitting back once again with a huff. "Look, I'm going to go and see if Sanji's done with making that soup of yours. So, I'm going to send Zoro in here to make sure that you actually take your medicine—don't go pulling any dirty tricks on him, you got it?" she glared with a stern voice, somewhat pleased as she watched the brunette lazily wave her off.

"Yeah, yeah, I hear" Skylar mumbled, watching as her friend left out the door and giving her some alone time that only really lasted for a couple of minutes before finally, a familiar moss haired man came wandering into the room.

"Why did Nami just call me a "walking Christmas tree"?" Zoro irritably asked, frowning as he watched how the brunette only offered him an innocent smile in response. "Anyway, I heard that you're being a bit stubborn in taking your medicine—you know, Chopper isn't going to be very happy to hear about that" he pointed out, lips twitching upwards a little when he saw the way that his words had caught her attention and caused her to start uncomfortably shifting around. If there's one thing he knew for sure about her, it's that she truly didn't like seeing Chopper disappointed or upset with her.