Scenario Fourteen: Payment

Requested by: CathGhoul15

Karu belongs to CathGhoul15

"Are you for real?" Skylar deadpanned as her right eye twitched, her arms now tied behind her back as she found herself seated in a wooden chair while the man beside her only hummed in acknowledgement. Seemingly more focused on boredly looking at his nails while occasionally casting quick glances at the watch on his wrist.

"Yep, you're going to be my form of payment to these guys I'm going to do business with—just like I promised them" he answered. "You see, the guns they're offering me are the best of the best which means they're quite expensive. I mean, I do have the money to pay for them, I just don't want to give it to them to be quite honest" he shrugged.

"So basically, you just want your cake and you want to eat it too" Skylar heavily sighed as her head now drooped downwards before she slowly turned it to face her kidnapper. She had just simply gone out to go shopping with Chopper—the little guy wanting to just explore the island while he restocked up on his medical supplies—when suddenly out of nowhere this man right beside her had just snatched her right off her feet and took off running with her. Poor Chopper must have been terrified out of his mind upon having to witness one of his friends basically be thrown over some stranger's shoulder like a sack of potatoes and stolen away. If Skylar was being honest, the man beside her was indeed quite the looker from his slicked-back black hair to his sky blue eyes that seemed to stare at everything with disinterest. A thin scar ran down his right eye and from his lips dangled a lit cigarette that had small wisps of smoke trailing from its end up into the air.

He clothes were quite fancy looking, and his outfit was similar to something you'd expect a person in the mafia to wear. So in a way, it didn't really surprise her that he had plans on selling her in exchange for guns.

"What's with the long face?" he suddenly asked with a raised eyebrow. "I'm not really going to hand you over to them, you know?" he revealed, removing the cigarette from between his lips so that he could blow out a steady stream of smoke.

"What?" Skylar owlishly blinked before frowning in confusion. "You're not?" she curiously asked.

"No, what do you take me for? A monster?" the man scoffed as he now leaned back into his seat while casting another quick glance down at his watch. "If I'm not going to pay them with the cash in my pocket, what makes you think I'm going to pay them with a woman that I barely know?" he asked. "You're just the bait, a damsel meant to sit there until the exchange is done and over with—once I have what I need, you're free to go."

"Oh, is that so?" Skylar raised an eyebrow as she now eyed the man beside her. "I may not know much about exchanges, but I'm pretty sure that most people require payment first before handing over the goods" she pointed out, watching as the man only waved a dismissive hand towards her.

"Don't worry about it, I promise you, you'll be alright and free to go once this is over with."

"Okay, if you say so" she mumbled as she slowly started to lift her head up a little and stare ahead of her once again, no longer wishing to keep looking at the man beside her. "May I at least get the name of my kidnapper while we wait?" she quietly asked.

"It's Karu" he simply responded, not at all bothering to look her way as he continued to cast quick glances down at his watch as if he was slowly becoming a bit impatient with waiting. Skylar only tilted her head to the side, eyebrows now knitting together as she found herself becoming lost in thought, the name that had slipped past the man's lips seemed vaguely familiar to her. It was as if she had heard the name once before, but she couldn't really remember where.