32. shots

Julian, Allie, Angie and I are sitting on the benches in the hall where the Goblet is kept when Fred and George come bounding in, followed by Lee and rounds of applause as they drink up the attention they receive. "Gather round, children!" Fred yells, kissing me on the cheek as he passes and throwing me a wink.

"Prepare to be amazed," George shouts, and everyone crowds around the two of them. They stand on the benches opposite us, where Hermione is sitting to read, although I notice she keeps looking towards the door. Waiting for someone, perhaps? She rolls her eyes as the twins announce their brilliant plan to drink an aging potion to bypass the enchantments around the Goblet, but Fred catches her and they both crouch on either side.

"What is it, Granger?" Fred asks, poking her shoulder and grinning. I stand up along with Julian, Allie and Angie and we all walk over to them.

"It's not going to work," Hermione says smugly in a sing-song tone of voice.

"And why do you think that?" George retorts, glancing over at Fred and raising his eyebrows.

"You see that," Hermione says, and she points. A circle of glowing white light hovers a few feet off the ground around the Goblet. "That is an age-line. Dumbledore drew it himself. There's no way a plan as pathetically dimwitted as this one will succeed."

"Ah, but that's the brilliance of it," George begins, hugging Hermione's shoulder.

"It's so pathetically dimwitted!" Fred finishes, standing up along with his twin. Everyone cheers as they unscrew their small flasks.

"Ready Fred?"

"Ready George!"

"Bottoms up!" they say together, crossing arms and downing the vile liquid. Coughing, they hand the flasks to Lee, who watches on happily as they hop into the circle.

Everyone holds their breaths, waiting for something to happen to the pair- but nothing does. After a few moments, we all erupt into yells and applause. We go silent again as they both put their names into the Goblet, but again- when nothing happens- we all cheer.

We're celebrating when the fire emanating from the Goblet burns red and begins to spit. There's a flurry of confusion and before we understand what happened, Fred and George are on the floor outside the age-line, having been tossed back several feet. Only... they're not exactly Fred and George. Julian just about pisses himself when he sees the white beards and hair that the two have grown, and it takes everything in me not to do the same.

"You said-"

"You said!"

And with that, the twins begin to wrestle. In true Hogwarts fashion, we all immediately gather around them and begin chanting: "FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!" our cheering slowly dies down when we hear the wooden doors creak open, and we all turn to see Viktor Krum walk in, alongside Igor Karkarov. Lee loses his shit when he sees Krum, but he still manages to help me pull the twins off each other because they're still fighting.

I watch as Krum strides arrogantly towards the Goblet, surpasses the age-line, and puts his name in- as he drops the slip of paper, he turns and looks at Hermione, who sits on the bench, still reading. Although, why would she choose to sit in a busy hall full of students if she wanted some quiet alone time? I bet she was waiting for Krum, especially judging by the steamy eye contact.