2. Work and more work.

"Your wings already exist, all you have to do is fly."

Anushka.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven't already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position.

If you are seated next to an emergency exit, please read carefully the special instructions card located by your seat. If you do not wish to perform the functions described in the event of an emergency, please ask a flight attendant to reseat you.

We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law.

If you have any questions about our flight today, please don't hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you."

The voice of the purser rang in my ears. People had boarded the aircraft and my face already hurt from smiling at every single one of them.

It was hard to smile when your heart was hurting from the inside. The purser came near me and looked at me with a small smile.

I nodded at her to go on. She definitely needed me to do something for her, I was sure of it.

"Yes?" I politely asked.

"Make the announcement on my behalf. I have to check the cockpit." She informed.

Sarah seemed like a good chief flight attendant so far. She did not come across as bossy or arrogant. Infact she seemed extremely humble and kind.

On the other hand, Brenda was a total bitch. We had two pursers on the flight as one of them had to get off at Kuwait airport. It was a shame, it was Sarah and not Brenda.

She made me do all her work.

I walked inside the main cabin and took the phone, ready to make an announcement.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Anushka Sharma and I'm your flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Kohli and the entire crew, welcome aboard Consolidated Airways Flight CA 747 from Dubai to Boston Via Kuwait.

Our flight time from Dubai to Kuwait will be of 1 hour 55 minutes. We will be flying at an average speed of 560 miles. At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position and that your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, your portable electronic devices must be set to 'airplane' mode until an announcement is made upon arrival. Thank you."

I took a deep breath after the announcement knowing damn well half the people hadn't even heard it. I chuckled at the irony.

In an emergency situation half of these passengers don't know what to do because they don't hear what we say at the start of a flight.

Finally Sarah came back from the cockpit and closed the door of the aircraft with the help of Brenda.

I inhaled a deep breath as I helped a couple put their luggage on the top bunk. They seemed like a perfect couple but I had seen far too many 'perfect' couples on flights. Not everything was as beautiful as shown.

"Excuse me?" The woman called me as I was about to exit the economy class.

"Yes?" I questioned.

"What lipcolor are you wearing? It looks beautiful on you."

Perks of being a flight attendant? Almost everyone asks you about your makeup and perfume, the compliments lift up your confidence more than anything.