5. Reality sets in

"She hijacked his heart and he wasn't planning to free himself anytime soon."

ANUSHKA

In the complicated world that we live in, there is one simple thing that we all need to ask our own selves. Would being happy make us more money? Or would having more money make us more happy? Alot of people think that money does wonders, that money makes people happy.

While that might be true in some ways, it is not really the most truthful thing. Yes, money can buy you amazing things that might make you happy for a day or two but what after that? Materialistic things make people happy for a very short period of time. Can money buy joy and sorrow? Can money buy excitement and passion.

Can money bring back the relationship that I lost? Can money bring back my dead parents?

No, it can't.

Every human being was born to be happy, to be joyous and to live life in the most optimistic way. Being happy brings out the best in people or atleast that is how I feel.

When you're happy, even the worst situations make you smile. When you're happy you breath different, your face glows, your eyes shine and your life has a completely different meaning.

That was the case with two passengers on our flight.

One, sat in business class with a paper in his hand and a firm line on his face, while the other's face shone of happiness. He seemed like the kind of guy who had no money but was happy with life's little joys. He wasn't a business class passenger, he was from the economy class but he seemed way too happy, way too jolly. Even without a hand. Yes, he didn't have a left hand and he seemed perfectly okay with it.

I smiled at the nineteen year old as I put his drink in front of him along with a tissue. He smiled back at me and then went on to drink his juice. I moved onto the other passenger when suddenly, the captain's voice boomed through the speakers.

We were waiting for the plane to take off again as there had been a fuel problem, an hour ago due to which the aircraft had to take a turn around and go back to the kuwait airport.

The last passenger got served and I walked back inside the main cabin, putting the cart in it's place and standing with the other crew members.

"Aman, all okay?" I questioned the first officer who had just gotten up the stairs and was now about to walk upstairs.

"Yeah, just some fuel problem. It's sorted now, you guys can close the door..we're gonna take off." He informed.

The purser and another male flight attendant, then moved on..trying to close the door of the aircraft. It was the most important aspect of flying, the door had to be locked properly since it wasn't something that the cabin crew could make a mistake in. Ensuring the safety of the passengers and the crew was our first priority. 

Alot of times flight attendants are not given the credit that they deserve. People think that we, flight attendants are waitresses on a plane but that is far from the truth. We have to do everything and more. whether it is saving lives in cases of emergencies, delievering babies, looking presentable, talking to everyone with a smile even if we are dying on the inside, assisting the captains, not getting an inch of sleep on flights that are long and dreadful, this life is not easy. It's hard but it is a life that I have grown to love.

Brenda was closing the door of the aircraft when all of a sudden, a loud boom caused us all to gasp and stare. Had the aircraft made that noise? 

In my utter state of confusion, I moved forward and peeked through the cabin window, almost ten masked men in weird army uniforms along with guns and weapons marched towards the aircraft.