6. Is this possible?

Hi guys. I know ive been slacking and I'm so sorry about it but i promise regular updates on hiJack and the elites, atleast two chapters per week promise.

Anyway, please vote and comment. Love you guys 😍

---

VIRAT

Is it possible? To see things you hadn't thought you would see?

Is it possible? To feel that you might die this instant?

Is it possible? To breathe even when you're not breathing?

Is it possible? To feel like the fire inside you is just going to finish anytime soon?

Is it possible? To not care about yourself but about saving someone you love?

I felt the barrel of the gun on my head and the woman that I loved, was kneeling right in front of me, her body bruised and her lip was bleeding.

It hurt, seeing her like that hurt, infact it felt like someone was trying to scrape something hard across my chest, the pain in my heart and the pain, the physical one..both made me feel like the most vulnerable person on the earth.

But I wasn't vulnerable, I was the flight captain, All I had to do was stay calm. But how do you stay calm when the person you love the most lies right in front of your eyes?

Anushka's moan of pain made my eyes move towards her and I saw a few tears escape her eyes.

"Fly the plane." I heard an order from the man who held the gun over my head.

"You don't have to do this!" I exclaimed, trying to follow the protocol that I had always been taught, to talk with the hijacker and try to explain to him, try to get morality out in him. But the man had already hurt so many people, he poossessed no conscience whatsoever. 

"Fly the plane or we kill every single person on this plane." He threatened. I knew flying this plane would killl the tiniest ray of hope, hope that someone will come to save us all. so I knew I had to negotitate. 

"There are innocent people on this aircraft who haven't done anything to you, you do not have to do this." I repeated again. I was waiting for the workers to clean up the engine and get it rid of all the fuel but I knew it would take some time, I just had to stall them untill then. 

Another minute passed aas the baarrel of the gun pressed through me, hurting my head a little. i laid my eyes on Anushka who was now awake and in a state of shock. The armed men started to talk firecely with one another, speaking in a language that I did not understand. 

I could not understand a word of it but it seemed really intense. I took that moment to move my hands towards Anushka asking her to get up and stand tall. to be strong, I couldn't speak but I hoped that my eyes spoke all that was in my heart. 

Anushka sniffed but then got up, my heart pounding as I looked at her wrinkled dress, her bloody shot eyes and bruised face. The men seemed to notice her alertness and they noticed me looking at her tenderly too. I was a good observer, I knew people. I knew these men were not afraid of anything so I had to play with their minds instead of violence. 

"If you let this woman go, I will fly the plane." I stated.

 All that mattered to me right now was her safety, and I knew if they let her go, she would turn the world upside down to get help to the aircraft. She was not calm and patient like my officers who I knew were waiting for the authorities to take charge. The authorities who would first observe, then write a report, send it to the media, write another report, form a group of capable men, make a plan, observe some more and then take real action. By then, we would all be dead. 

"No." I heard the icy dead reply. 

"You fly the plane, she lives. You don't fly it, she dies." I heard another answer.

"She dies and I stop giving a fuck." I shot back, my anger getting the best out of me. 

Anushka gasped. her hair being tugged harder by the man. "Don't fucking touch her." I yelled, knowing damn well how much she was hurting. The men all spoke in a language that I didn't understand, again and then burst into fits of laughter. 

It made me feel sick. who were these cruel bastards who could stoop so low? 

"You love this bitch, don't you?" Before I could attack the man I was restrained again by a couple of men.

"Say that again and i will kill you." I threatened, an empty threat that I knew made no difference. 

"Virat, please. Ye log tumhain maar deinge, please..bus. (Please stop, they will kill you.)" Anushka pleaded, this time the men did not understand and I realised we had a secret weapon.

Our language.

"Tum theek ho? (Are you Okay?)" I asked.

She started to cry again, her bloodyshot eyes getting even more red, her face reeking of pain. She inhale a deep breath and then gave me a sad broken smile, a smile that I could die for and a smile that I could cry for. 

"Nahin, magar jab tak tum saath ho, sab theek ho jayega ga." 

Her words gave me a boost of motivation, her faith in me, in us made me remember all those times where we were happy.  When we hadn't broken up and were together, loving each other unconditionally. Things had changed since then, I was glad that our love hadn't. 

I felt another gun pinning near my stomach while a man wrapped his wide arms around my girl. 

"Talk in that language again and I will cut your tongues." He threated the both of us.

"You will fly this aircraft or you know what I will do." He talked directly to me this time and I frowned.

"You will not kill her, you won't have any power over me if you do." I spoke the fact. He smirked, nodded, then looked at Anushka. 

His gaze was so unpure that I wanted to kill him with his own gun. He leaned forward, his voice low. 

"I know, which is why if you don't fly this craft, I will take her on like an animal and make everyone on this aircraft watch." My heart pounded so hard that I could swear it would fall off my body any time. 

"And I would enjoy every bit of it."

He walked towards Anushka and held her hair, his hands roaming around her neck. She resisted and trieds to move but was completely restrained, all she could do was cry. 

"Now, the choice is yours." 

I already knew what I had to do. Nothing was more important than her.