10. (b) The End

Some stories are better left uncompleted. Happy endings are just a myth. Thankyou for all the love on this story. This was a hard chapter to write but i hope i did justice to it. I gave all the closure to Virushka that i could in the last chapter and you guys have two endings now.

So either believe in this one or the previous one.

I believe in this one.

Tell me what you think.

See you on humsafar. (And maybe awari that is a new virat fanfic which im not telling you guys anything more about)

---

They say that the time between lifne and death is the most complicated and the most painful time of your life. When you're at the point of knowing that you won't survive and when you just simply give in, not bothering to fight anymore, not bothering to survive anymore because you can't, things become crystal clear.

Happy endings are a myth. Cinderella's happy ending was fake and unrealistic, sleeping beauty wss just a character. Our lives are based on solely unrealistic thoughts and we often believe we'll be happy when wr find the right person.

And we do get happy. But at some point, life is meant to fuck your happiness up by taking away that special person away from you.

Forever.

And ever.

Anushka was shot.

With all the chaos around them and the yelling of soldiers, all Virat could do was wrap his arms around her body and scream for help.

He tried to ask the peramedics to help him but there was no point. They were too busy helping others and while he, himself could not move much, he still clung himself onto her, trying to put pressure on her stomach and arm where she was shot.

She was wheezing, her breath was abnormal and no words came out of her mouth. She felt like she was stuck in motion.

"Virat," Anushka whispered, her breath coming out choked and shaky.

"The paramedics are going to help us any minute," Virat ignored her as she called his name again and again.

"Vee," She repeated.

"They are going to help you and we're going to get you to the hospital. You're gonna be fine, okay?" He informed with certainty but Anushka moaned in pain, utter pain.

"No, No, Virat.."

"Just a few minutes, okay?" He assured and then turned his head around to see if they were free yet.

"They're gonna get you to be okay." Virat whispered, trying to assure himself more than her.

When Anushka had gotten a gun pointed at her head, the militants had entered at the very same time. But it was still too late, infact she was shot right at the time of the huge explosion by the army.

They were too late.

"Virat, I'm dying," She told him. The words shocking him to no extent.

How could she think like that? She was supposed to be okay. She had to be okay.

Her breath started to quicken as Virat turned his head back to her, his face filled with feelings of shock and hurt.

"No you're not," He quickly put out. He denied her the right to even think that.

"I am." She confirmed.

Her chest heaved from the pain. She remembered the lovely dream she had, the dream of simply dreaming that the incident wasn't real.