10. (a)

Guys, please make sure to add humsafar in your libraries. Check it out if you haven't already, the first chapter is posted. Comment and vote. Tell me what you think.

I'm really excited about that.

ANUSHKA x VIRAT

"Anushka!" He jolted her awake as he saw her moaning and sweating. His concern was evident as he walked across the table and pushed at her shoulder.

He cupped the side of her face and patted at her cheek fondly.

"Nush, hello..wakeup." He whispered but it was of no use. Instead she let out another strangled noise. A noise filled with pain and agony.

"Anushka, wake up! You'll miss the flight." He exclaimed, this time shaking her shoulders.

She stood up in a hurry and looked at him. Her eyes scanning him from head to toe.

"Virat.." She murmured more to herself than to him. What was happening?

He looked at her with concern and shook his head at her weird condition. She whispered to herself, saying words that he didn't understand.

He didn't know what to do, what to say. He couldn't comfort her like before, they had broken up. But she seemed so torn and so vulnerable.

He didn't understand. Anushka looked at him and then touched his face, his rough beard grazing her hand.

"Virat? But you were, how-" She rambled looking at him.

"How are you standing right now?" She questioned. Virat frowned. What the hell was wrong with her? Should he take her to a doctor?

"Fuck, Virat..oh My God, are you okay? You're okay..oh God." She ranted on and on. Virat held her by the shoulders, giving them a good shake.

"What are you doing? Have you lost your mind?" He exclaimed.

She still seemed out of her wits, completely zoned out.

"No, no. Wait, I had a gun pointed at my head, I was stood there..saw mom, dad.." She told him, gulping and shaking.

"And he ripped my clothes, but I have clothes on, I-" That's when he realised she must have had a really bad dream.

He thought about it. What kind of dream did she have that left such an impact on her?

"Hey, Anushka, look at me. Are you alright?" He questioned, his eyes glancing at her body making sure she was fine.

Anushka gave him a blank face.

"Hmm? You were paralysed." She stated not understanding what in God's name was going on.

Had she been shot? Was she dead? Was this the reality after death?

"Anushka, I have no idea what you're talking about. Did you take drugs before sleep?" He asked her and then rolled his eyes. It was a stupid question really.

"Sleep? What?" She asked back, confused.

Virat sighed and made her sit back in the chair. He held her hand for comfort.

"You were sat at the coffee shop, we talked about how we shouldn't have insulted each other in the plane and then you dozed off. You just woke up." He told her.

Reality hit her hard.

This was a dream. All of that horrific incident was a dream? Those terrorists weren't real? But why would she have such a devastating dream? It didn't make any sense to her.