Chapter Two

I wake to the feeling of something hot and tasty on my tongue. I swallow it greedily as my stomach rumbles, I am very hungry. I move my neck only a little to find that it and my whole body feels stiff and sore. My head isn't hurting and my ankle only throbs slightly which is a plus.

Wait, where am I?

Then it hits me, all of it. I walked far and was exhausted once I found that cottage. I fell over and then I lost consciousness. Fear cold and quick flows through my whole body, like water as cold as ice as I realize that someone is feeding me, but who? Why? And they could be dangerous. I guess there is only one way to find out.

The palms of my hands begin to sweat as I slowly open my eyes to see a girl standing over me, a little younger than me holding a spoon up to my lips. Her hair is dark blonde in a long braid, and her light brown eyes seem distance somehow.

"You're awake." She begins to say, a little annoyed, and with an English accent. "You're lucky, if Elie hadn't insisted on an extra practice we would not have found you on time. We did though and so you'll live, although you might be a little sore."

Her arm reaches out with the spoon full of more hot liquid about to put it in my mouth but I stop her by asking, "What are you feeding me?"

She sighs out of what I can only guess as impatience and answers with, "Its vegetable broth and herbs to help heal your body."

I nod my head and attempt to push myself up with my arms so that I can sit up but I can't hold my own weight and fall back onto the stiff mattress. I realise now that I am laying on a wooden bed with only a thin quilt over top me and no pillow. I look around to see that I am in a small bedroom with only the bed and a small table and chair beside me. It is quite bare.

"Be more careful or you really will damage yourself permanently." She warns me.

I look up at her suddenly nervous again and a little embarrassed as I say sheepishly, "But I have to, you know, go."

She smirks down at me, as she bends over to retrieve something from under the bed. She stands up after a few minutes and pulls out a small pot like object. She then reaches out to me with her arms which I take apprehensively. She then helps me up so I can go. I am sore and stiff so it is a little difficult and I would have been more embarrassed if I wasn't so tired. She helps me back onto the mattress and under the thin quilt. After she feeds me the rest of the broth I lay back down and drift off into a sleep that is almost instantly filled of strange dreams that I can make no sense out of.

"You know what the prophecy said, don't you! Yet you still choose to keep her!" Yells an angry voice.

"I don't care what the prophecy said she is but a child. She is my child. I cannot, I won't abandon her, especially because of her father. And now you know too much" Says the second voice.

"No! Please I- I won't tell another soul!"

"I wish I could believe you, I really do."

"N-" he is cut off by the sound of a sword slicing through something. And almost instantly I know that it is him that is sliced.

Even in my current dream state I feel sick to my stomach. I then receive momentary consciousness; enough time to roll over and vomit up all of my stomach contents on the floor beside what I am laying on. I notice someone or someone's in the room with me but I don't get a chance to look. I do however hear a young male's worried voice, also with an English accent say, "She vomited, what if she has a fever?"

I fall back asleep after hearing that question, with no dreams this time.

I awake again only this time none are in the room with me which I am grateful for somehow. I sit up cautiously and find that my body isn't sore anymore. My ankle only has a dull ache. I remove the quilt to find that my clothing I came here with is gone and now I wear some kind of night gown. It doesn't feel right, I don't like it.