Chapter Forty

The ground shakes, the tress shudder, and the sky turns grey as the Lady Morgana fills with rage. The man and woman who stands before her bow lower than before until they are kissing the ground. The other woman who stand further away only looks curious at them all. She lifts her head higher to see them more clearly but it does little to help.

"Ahhhh!" The Lady Morgana yells as the anger explodes off of her in ripples of magic. The trees falter and droop, the ground slows into deep rumbles, and the sky's clouds begin to clap in thunder. And the man and woman fall over cold, blue and dead.

The Lady Morgana takes deep breathes as the woman furthest away comes nearer to her, almost like she is summoned without words. She curtsies and looks up at the Lady.

"Get me a piece of parchment." Morgana sneers. The woman curtsies and walks away. She comes back a minute or two later with it, handing it to Morgana.

"Now." Says Morgana as she begins to write with magic. "Now you will pay Sir Gareth."

...

"Lancelot was a Knight here?" I ask Merlin as I order another drink.

"Yeah." Says Merlin sadly as he nods his head. "He was the most noble, true, and brave person I've ever known."

"What happened?"

"He died saving Arthur's life, saving Camelot."

He looks sadly into his own drink.

"I should go." I say as I stand. "Thanks for telling me about him."

"You just got here." He says half heartily.

"I know. But it's late and I'm tired."

I then leave.

Things still aren't right between us because of that argument over Arthur and Mordred's fate, but we can still talk to each other at least.

I don't know what to do.

The sun is gone already and not many people are around as I walk back to my room.

And Gwaine, we haven't spoken since... I keep feeling more and more alone.

I turn a corner.

What shall I do? About it all? Mordred? Gwaine? Merlin? Arthur?

I'm about to turn another corner.

How am I supposed to make it right?

I turn the corner and something large and heavy makes contact with my head. I fall over as darkness becomes all that I can see. Someone grabs my wrists and starts to drag me as I drift away...

...

The wind blows coldly across the room, lingering on the sleeping figure of the Lady Lionesse. She shivers as she awakens to the cold, and damp air. She opens her eyes to the darkness and as she listens to her husband breathe, her eyes adjust to the dark. She thinks of calling out for a servant to fetch more blankets but on second thought decides that due to not wanting to wake up her husband, Gareth, she instead decides to get up herself.

The Lady Lionesse wraps a warm shall around herself, slipping into a pair of warm shoes and walks out of the room. The halls are a light with only a single torch as she searches for a servant. Finding none in sight she takes a step to the left but abruptly stops. Her vision becomes darker as she falls to the ground slowly. As she does this she panics and tries to scream, but no sound comes out.

A dark figure walks flowingly towards her as she loses consciousness, and as the figure kneels down, the Lady Lionesse knows know no more... All is dark...