Chapter Seventeen

"No." I shake my head as comes closer and closer. "No, please!"

There's a gaping wound in his side where my sword was, where I killed him. I look away from it and to his eyes that hold nothing. His lips turn up into an inhuman smile as he says, "You killed me. You MURDERED me! And you will pay!"

He pulls back his sword ready to strike at and kill me. I make no move to defend myself. But just as he is about to stab me, he turns. His sword lands in him. In King Arthur, the one I am supposed to protect and save.

"Nooooo!"

A hooded figure stands behind us all, hidden in the trees; but all I see is the man I murdered killing the one I swore to protect.

I scream out it anguish. Because they're all dead.

"Missione! Missione!" The voice yells at me as it shakes me awake.

I sit up. My heart is pounding and I'm sweating profusely. My breathing is heavy and labored as arms on my shoulders try to push me down. I shake them off as I stand. King Arthur is looking at me with worry and confusion.

I only say, "Sorry. Bad dream."

He doesn't say anything more.

....

I hand the berries to the Kin- Arthur, who gobbles them up quickly as I shift from foot to foot, my hand resting on my sword hilt and my eyes wandering the forest. It feels like someone is here watching us, it isn't a pleasant feeling and it doesn't help that I saw that hooded figure last night. I am on edge.

"What's the matter?" Asks the King.

I look over at him carefully before sitting down next to him on the log he occupies. I whisper quietly, "I saw a dark hooded shadow figure of a person last night, and it feels like are being watched."

He looks at me skeptically, raising his eyebrow and saying, "You can't be serious. You're just as bad as Merlin," before laughing rather loudly.

I get up feeling foolish as he laughs until the sound of trees rustling stops his laughter and puts me back on edge. I tighten my grip on my sword hilt and look closer toward the trees where it came from and wait. There. A glimpse of dark blue as the trees rustle some more. I then chase after it.

I get closer until I can see the outline of a person in a dark blue cloak. He is only just barely taller than me and quick on his feet but the trees slow him down, giving me an advantage. He trips to the ground by an over grown tree root into a small dirt clearing. I unsheathe my sword and turn the person over as I hold the sword up to his neck. It is a young man. A boy.

He looks only a year or two younger than me, with dark brown, almost black hair, and blue, grey eyes that seem dull but also can hold so much more. He wears a sword, almost awkwardly at his side, like how a beginner would and his clothing is stained, and ripped by years of wear. They are also smaller than his current size, and barely just fit him. He is tall and lean but almost sickly, like he hasn't had a good meal in a long time.

I hold out my hand and he takes it. I help him up and lower my sword. I ask, "Why are you watching us? Or is it that you are following us?"

"I – I was look- looking for help." He answers with honestly and a touch of innocence.

"Why?"

He looks apprehensive but I assure him I just want to help, so he says, "My older brother was taken by very bad men and I need help getting him back. I just started learning how to use a sword and there's too many of them. I can't do it alone."