Chapter Twenty Three

I came out here to practice but instead I end up just sitting here and find my mind blank as I watch the world around me. It's strange. I was there and now I'm here. There it's blurry and all I know is all I feel. Here it's clear and all I feel is all I know. I try to make sense of it but it just won't click in my mind. I stare at these trees and time means nothing. Times goes too fast here and too slow there. I exist here but I exist there. I don't remember much but what I do remember is haunting and won't leave me. It's something I can't explain. Not even to myself.

"Missy?" Asks a familiar voice from behind me.

I turn my head slightly to look and see who it is. It's Gwaine. He walks closer until he stands right beside me and then sits down.

"You missed the Princess getting knocked down by Gareth." He chuckles slightly as he says that and continues, "Gareth was too surprised to block the Princesses next hit though and went down. You train him well."

"I train him as I was trained." Is my response.

There is a moment of silence before Gwaine breaks it by saying, "I thought you dead. We all did."

My head snaps up as I look at him and say, "You did?"

His eyes give all the answer I need.

"I thought I was going to have to start juggling fire to get Gareth to laugh again." Says Gwaine with a hint of a smile. He becomes really quiet and says, "He would hardly talk to anyone and only practice over and over again what you taught him. Don't tell him I said this but Gaheris missed you too."

"What about you? What did you do?" I can't help but ask.

I am staring at the ground as I wait for an answer but none come, instead I see the shadow of Gwaine as he moves closer and closer towards me. I don't fully realize what's going on until it is happening. His lips brush up against mine, soft and light until he kisses me with a passion I've never known. Emotions rush through me like a large wave and pull me under. It's all too much. I quickly pull away and stand up.

"I'm sorry." I say not looking at him.

"No, I'm sorry. You told me we are just friends when we first met." He apologizes.

"It's just I've never... And it's all at once... I just, I don't know."

"I'll go."

I turn around and look at him. He starts to walk away but he can't leave like this and I can't let him. I don't know what this means but what I do know was that when he kissed me it was like everything I feel was unlocked and it made sense. I'm in this world and that's where I should be. I know this now and I feel it. I also know that Gwaine makes me feel something I've never felt before. So I don't know what this is but what I do know is that we still have to be friends and I need to tell someone, I need to tell Gwaine.

"Wait..."

....

"It felt like I was only there a day and it was sad there. I was sad for some reason, then a little defeated and finally I was determined." I finish explaining to him as we sit side by side on a large smooth grey rock. "I was in that moment and I am now, more determined than ever before to save Arthur."

"What do you mean 'save him'?" Asks Gwaine as he looks at me with curiosity, worry and a little distrust. I don't want him to not trust me.

"Morgana. She will not stop and soon there will be a battle. Arthur will fall and all will be lost. I can't let that happen."

"How can you have knowledge of a battle that has never been heard of?"

"Do you trust me?" I ask looking into his eyes that say he can't. They quickly change though and in that moment, so does he.