Chapter Seven

Samantha leaned down to tie her white converse.  Kelly had texted to say he was on his way about 30 minutes ago.  It took Samantha about ten minutes to calm herself down when the text came through.  She was initially so scared to look at her phone for fear it was Harry texting that she refused to look for a good five minutes.  But when she saw Kelly's name she breathed a sigh of relief.  Emma promised her she'd make herself available tonight so Samantha could a night off for the first time since she'd started working for Harry two weeks ago.

Samantha needed this.  She needed the release and just a moment to let  her hair down.  She needed  to not think about Harry.  Or Harry's life.  Or Harry's pain...or the agony that she'd heard

in his voice when he called out for Gwen.

Stop it!

Samantha shook the thoughts of Harry out of her head as she pulled her light jacket on and pulled her hair out.  Mia poked her head into Samantha's room,

"He's here.  He just walked up.  He's cute.  Why didn't you tell me he was cute?"

Samantha giggled softly,

"I did tell you he was cute."

"Yeah but not that cute.  If things don't work out, I'll take him."
Samantha shot her a look,

"Don't be crass."

Mia excitedly skipped after Samantha as she walked towards the front door.  Mia calmed herself when Samantha shot her another look.  Samantha opened the door, smiling up at Kelly.

He looked different than he did at the coffee shop.  Samantha chalked that up to the fact that he wasn't wearing his normal uniform.  He smiled, tilting a single red rose towards her,

"You look great."  He quipped.

Samantha smiled, trying to ignore Mia clearing her throat behind them.  She finally threw a look over her shoulder at her best friend,

"Kelly, this is Mia.  My best friend.  Mia, this is Kelly."

Mia did her best to play the part of Samantha's older brother, Darrin, as well as her father,

"Have my girl home by midnight."  She said sternly.

Samantha rolled her eyes,

"You can ignore her."

Kelly waved at her just as Samantha pushed him back and slammed the door in Mia's face.  Kelly smiled warmly,.

"She seems nice."

"She is when she's not being a pain in my ass.  Where are we heading?"

"Still a surprise."

Samantha sighed out a deep, exhaustive breath,

"You are going to tell me eventually right?"

------------------------

Harry was immersed in his own thoughts to a fantastically intense degree.  He barely listened while Jeff fiddled with bass and strings on the song they'd just finished.

Samantha.  The photo albums.  To be honest he should've been grateful to her.  She organized them, which meant he didn't have to do it.  He'd seen them lying in the corner for the last year.  Some days he could swear Gwen was calling him to them, telling him to organize her damn photos.  Gwen was always taking photos of everything.  She insisted he would appreciate it when they were old and gray and wanted to look back on the exciting life they'd had together.  After she died he couldn't bring himself to go near any of it even though he knew Gwen's OCD was probably spiraling out of control at the thought of her precious memories being shoved into a corner.