Chapter Thirty Two

Harry watched a few of his crew members carrying pieces of the stage while hammers banged and people yelled, echoing through the empty arena. He should've been exhausted what with the week he'd had, but he felt awake and alive for the first time in a long time. The stage for the tour was being constructed to give him, his creative director and his tour manager an idea of how things would look.

Harry's excitement had grown with each passing day. His album release party was tomorrow, with the album releasing the next morning and then he was on his way on tour. Everything was happening so quickly but he preferred it that way. It gave him less anxiety.

He leaned over to his creative director,

"Love the colors." He complimented.

It wasn't a lie. Harry was in love with every single part of this process. He had missed this euphoric feeling of knowing he was so close to getting on stage and performing. The stage was where he was most comfortable and he hadn't realized just how much that was a part of him until this very moment.

Samantha finished her email to Emma with the plans for Harry's house while they were gone. Samantha had given Jeri instructions for making sure the house was locked up tight after she would make sure the grounds were handled and the house was clean.

She glanced up, her eyes falling on the stage and then on Harry. She went back to her computer and then stopped, her eyes drifting back up to Harry.

He looked so happy, far happier than she'd ever seen him. He watched his stage being put together like he was watching his whole life unfolding before him. She supposed it was. Samantha was both excited and nervous about leaving on tour with him. Four months of living in close quarters with him. What would happen? Would they grow tired of each other? The thought made her shiver. Things had been going so well lately between them. Even Mia was excited.

Samantha pushed up off of her chair. She walked over to Harry, her arms sliding around him from behind. She set her chin on his shoulder. Harry covered her hands against his tummy with his. He turned his head towards her,

"Looks great huh?"

Samantha nodded,

"I like the purple."

"Me too."

Samantha squeezed him to her,

"You look happy." She pressed her mouth into his shoulder, "I like it when you look happy."

He turned back to studying his stage,

"I like being happy. It's a lot less work than brooding all the time."

Samantha nodded but didn't say anything else. Harry drummed his fingers against her hand,

"Wanna get outta here? There's a park a few blocks down. We could go hang out for a bit."

Samantha's heart squeezed in her chest. A few moments alone with him? Just walking and talking? She couldn't imagine anything more perfect. Once the tour started up it might be hard to get him alone, she needed to soak up as much as she could.

"You don't need to stick around till this is done?"

Harry scoffed,

"I'm the star." He remarked as he turned to face her. He shrugged, realizing that the diva act didn't work for him, "They're done." He corrected.

Samantha nodded, her arms winding around his waist again,

"Then yeah." She lifted her eyes to his, "I'd like to get out of here."