capítulo tres

The raven haired male was finally finished with his night routine of a good hot shower and washing his face. As he layed onto his bed, a familiar jingle began to play. His hands reached to his phone,  answering it almost immediately without checking who it was that was calling him at 12 am in the middle of the night.

"Kook! Lisa broke out!" It was a panicking Taehyung shouting through the phone. "Sh-she... How?!?! I just saw her! Joon is going crazy!" he said, hyperventilating.
"Chill out, hyung. I'm sure yo-"

And with that, his phone was snatched and the call was ended. "I hate when people lie. Don't give people false hope, Jeon. " The feminine voice spoke out. It was Lisa. Of course it's you. He thought. The frail girl looked at him and smirked. "Nayeon's not here?" she asked,  innocently.

Jungkook glared at her and layed back in his bed. "Shouldn't you be on the run?"
"Shouldn't you be solving my case?" She made her way to the opposite side of him, the empty space, and slid in. "What the-"
"You know, sometimes I think 'what if I actually confessed to Jeon Jungkook about my feelings for him? Where would I be?' " This left Jungkook stunned, speechless.

"Y-you used to like m-me. " cursing himself for stuttering,  he faced the blonde. Lisa smiled sheepishly and snuggled close to him. "Still do. Kinda crazy ain't it? That this feeling is strong enough to almost help you find my family. "

Jungkook tilted his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "Why are you like this, Lalisa?" he finally asked aloud. The question that he seemed to be asking ever since they were kids. She faced to him and shrugged. "Why do you put up with it?"

They sat there, just staring at each other's eyes. It wasn't exactly awkward silence. More like "an intense stare off" atmosphere y'know? Meaning they were to engrossed in each other's eyes to notice the awkward atmosphere they were building.

Lisa was the first to break it. "Where is she, Jeon?"
"Who?"
"Y'know. Nayeon. High school sweet heart. Girlfriend since 10th grade."

These words made him blush. So she payed attention to me? He looked down to see her, squinting her eyes. She was slightly glaring at him. "So where is my answer?" She asked. He smiled at that with an answer that shouldn't have a smile attached to it.

"She left me. She left me because of my job. Said I couldn't give her what she needed because of my schedule." At this point, his hand was caressing her face, staring at her. And in the first time in Park Lalisa's life, her heart wasn't racing because of running from the cops or the adrenaline running through her body when thinking of doing business. It was because someone touched her. Mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and especially physically. Her eyes froze and her breath hitched. It was such a surreal yet natural feeling her body was taking in. Her eyes melted into his and he noticed, slowly moving inwards to her.

She giggled softly yet sadness could be heard in it and put her index on his forehead, pushing his face away. "You don't wanna do that, Jeon." She said, somewhat quietly, her body inches away from him. "All these feelings we have, we need to lose it. You're a detective for my crimes. " Big brown eyes stared back at her, blinking slowly. Welp that hurt. He thought. He inched away as well, watching her looking at the roof.

He faced up as well but something caught his attention. She was panting. Like crazy. "Why are you breathing so hard?" He asked, squinting his eyes in confusion.
"Well when your heart beats so fast, breathing hard seems to always be the effect."
"Why i-is your heart beating fast?" He asked, cursing himself for stuttering. "I don't know. You ask me. I'm laying in Jeon's bed, right next to him, in hand cuffs. Kinda kinky actually." She chuckled. Jungkook didn't even notice her hands and laughed.

"Why don't you take it off? I know you know how to."
"I don't know. I guess I wanted to try something new."
The two just layed there, staring up at the roof. Lisa's breathing began to slow down, despite still laying next to him. However drowsiness was taking a toll on her so her heart was beating slower and at a steady tempo.

"You should sleep, babe. We got business to do tomorrow." She whispered and slid out of the bed and onto the couch that was adjacent to the male. "Why'd you move?" He asked, eyes closed and already ready to sleep.

"I'm gonna be tempted to do something if stay in your bed." She shrugged.

Jungkook blushed at her words, chuckling lightly at that. As she stared at the ceiling, his mind seemed to be having a conversation with itself.

How am I gonna solve this case if she acts like This?

C'mon Kook! This is your job. You can't let her get in the way.

It's too late man! I'm already losing myself. I fucking stuttered too much in front of her.

I know. You're such a wimp.

C'mon broooo. It's Lalisa Manoban. Our crush since grade school.

C'mon broooo. It's our dream job since birth! Are you really gonna fuck it up for her?

I mean, she's helping me isn't she.

'Out these 4 walls ' my ass. She knows what she's doing. She's playing games.

On the other hand, Lisa was having a just as heated debate with herself.

Okay so that was.... What. The. Actual. Fuck. Lisa. Keep your guard up.

I'm trying. I really am. But this is Jeon Jungkook.

And you are Park Lalisa. Daughter of Jiyong and Bom. Are you fricken stupid? This interaction has to stop.

Okay first of all, shut the fuck up. I know who I am. And second of all, I was only telling the truth. I mean c'mon, I was laying in his bed, next to him, in hand cuffs.

You know the mission, babe. Trail em, trap em, leave em, Lisa. Now is not the time to quit on that idea.

Okay whatever, Loser.

You just called yourself a loser.

Lisa continued to mumble curses to herself. However drowsiness helped her close her eyes and she was now deeply asleep. Her light snores caught the attention of the latter. His body felt reflex come in and walked towards her on the couch, and he carried her to the bed. His arms layed her onto the right side and he went to the left side.

This is stupid. Why lay here if I'm gonna end up next to her anyways.

His body drifted closer to her and cuddled her petite body toward his. The two fell into a deep slumber, warm and happy.

Happy?