capìtulo trece

Regarding the emotional roller coaster that lisa was going through, she decided to go to Chaeyoung with her dilemma after keeping it to herself for an hour.

"Are you sure you've seen her?"

"Yes Chae, there is no mistaking moms eyeliner. I know her when I see her. I know that woman like the back of my hand."

Chaeyoung shook her head and pointed to the board. "Just focus on this Li. We'll get the money and save dads ass while we can."

Lisa couldn't disregard what she's seen. She knows she seen her mother but how and why? And why isn't Chae believing her? Holding her breath was a coping method she created when she was a toddler. She did that instead of throwing tantrums.

"Stop doing that." The raven haired male spoke, wrapping his arm around her neck from behind behind, eyes glued on her lips.

"What?" She asked, truly puzzled.

"You were holding your breath. You used to do that a lot in high school when you didn't get what you wanted."

Lisa squinted her eyes before looking to the side. "I do that?"

"Yes." He chuckled. "Your cheeks flare up and you don't even notice. And sometimes you turn red from lack of oxygen. Maybe you did it so much when you were younger that you didn't notice when you did it in high school. But you still do it now." Lisa moved from under his elbow, walking away to set up costumes.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, following her. "Why do you keep doing that?" He asked, grabbing scissors to at least look as if he's busy. "Its like a push and pull game with you. You wont give me anything to work with but i can't talk about another women. " The younger of the two stared at the table full of clothes for a long time before looking back up at him.

"Jungkook you can't do this. I can't do this. We get the money for your mom and for our needs as well. We just- we can't do this. Plus we roll out tomorrow and we are the last thing we have to worry about." She tried to do as much as she could to keep away from the topic but Jungkook was not having it.

"Lisa you keep talking like this is bad for us. Has it not occured to you that I'm grown, hell even older than you, and can make decisions for myself. I don't need this constant push to what i don't want. I want you, Lisa."

Chaeyoung and Jennie widened their eyes at each other. The older ran and hid behind the island in the kitchen with a bowl of cereal while the strawberry blonde panicked through the tense and awkward air , not knowing where to go before seeing a small hand waving her to come over in the kitchen behind the table. Jennie notice the moment was too heated for stand byers and didn't have the time to verbally tell the younger to dip.

"Right in front of my fucking cereal." Jennie mouthed. Chaeyoung smiled hard, getting gushy over the confession the male gave.

Jungkook and Lisa were, however, unaware of the two in the kitchen as they stared each other down with want. Jungkook was willing to take a leap of faith but he knew that Lisa would hesitate and that is the last thing he would want for his pride.

So they just stared.

They stared until a phone call came from the kitchen. This caused the pair to snap their necks to the noise and walked closer to see Jen and Chae smiling sheepishly.

"O-oh Aha! I found it. Thank you for calling my phone to help me find it, jennie." Chae said, quickly shooting up and zoomed off to Jisoo's room.

Jennie stared between and the two, cheeks stretching in an awkward distortion before making an "eeeee" (😬) sound then ran out the kitchen and into her bedroom with her lucky charms. 

"There you go. Making shit even more weird." Lisa huffed before walking away. Jungkook sighed as well, finding it impossible to get through to the girl.

"You tried Kook."

He thought before going over the plan on the board. Lisa went over to her room, mind stuck on Jungkook and the out of the blue appearance of her mother who should be dead. She didn't even know hours have passed, the night soon taking over the light of the sun outside.

She stared down at her sweats before grabbing a beanie, putting on the masculine facade, then placing an oversized letterman jacket. Her hands naturally grabbed at the big black sunglasses that Jungkook had bought along with the rest of the things that she was wearing.

The blonde ran into her car, quickly turning on the engine and racing off before anybody noticed. Her mind was so fulfilled with questions that she surpassed all cars around her, curiosity beating out anything for an answer. Curiosity seemed to beat sanity as she crossed over many cars, cutting off most that were around her. The car zoomed through back roads before pulling up to a small post office.

The door rung as she walked in, causing the tall women behind the glass to turn to her. "No business."

The brunette stared at the petite women as if she was a ghost. Her short hair stood at her ears which was fitting for her small face as her eyes took over at least 50% of her face.

"Jeong?"

"O-oh yeah. What the hell Lisa? You came back quicker than we thought."

"A couple weeks in there is enough, no?"

After basking in each others presence, the girl behind the counter chuckled,  pressing a button that quickly opened the door next to the window.

"He's down stairs."

"Thank you."