6 | Tripping & Tantalizing

- = - = - = -

My eyes snapped open to the sound of worried voices and random accusations. Yona was still in a dead sleep, undisturbed by the commotion, but I was up and alert as I tried to discern what the hell was happening outside our tent.

I strained my ears only to realize it was the others. They were somewhere in front of the entrance, talking amongst each other.

"What happened to the tent?" Yoon asked in a half-frantics. "I don't remember it being pitched around so many plants!"

"I think it looks pretty," Zeno swooned, his voice cheerful. "It's like our little Miss and the Pink Dragon have become flower princesses~"

  "We can't even see them, Zeno. They're stuck in there somewhere." Hak growled. "Kija . . . Were you the one who did this?"

"N-no! I swear this place was clear when I put the tent up," the white-haired man promised. "I'm not that hopeless, you know."

"Sometimes I doubt that," Hak returned before taking a step closer to the tent, crouching down to its level. "But this makes no sense . . . Nothing could grow like this. It's only been a matter of hours since we came to this part of the woods, let alone since we went to sleep."

My heart dropped in worry as memories of what'd happened the night before swamped my mind. I had managed to grow a patch of flowers when I'd been sitting on the ground for a minute or two, but I never thought about what would've happened if I laid down for a few hours.

It can't be that bad, I tried to convince myself as I crawled out from under my blanket and toward the front of the tent. It probably just looks like a strange coincidence to them . . .

       My eyes widened when I opened the flap of the tent. Not only were there flowers bundled up around the tent, but there were others things as well: bushes, random plants, and even a few small trees. I couldn't believe it. If that happened all within the span of a night, then what would grow if I stayed in one place for an entire day?

       My question fell short when I realized that everyone was looking at me. They could hardly see me through all the new growth, but my peculiar hair probably made myself more visible.

       Zeno smiled. "She does look like a flower princess."

       "Agreed," Jae-Ha seemed to smirk when he saw my (probably shocked) disposition. "It appears that our Pink Dragon has a way with nature."

       I fought the urge to retreat back into the tent at the velocity of their comments, but I remained where I was. Being close to all the things that'd grown around the tent almost made me forget where I was. It was so diverting to hear their secret little voices calling out to me, asking me to come and sit with them.

       So interesting . . . I never thought I was capable of something like this. It makes me happy, in an odd sort of way.

       Hak took a step forward, his expression hard with curiosity. "Is the Princess in there?"

       I'd never heard someone seriously refer to Yona as a Princess before, but I brushed the thought aside as I gave Hak a quick nod. He seemed to relax at my response. "Good . . . It'll be a blast trying to get you both out of there, but we'll figure it out."

       "Shin-Ah could cut through all that just fine," Yoon shrugged as he looked deeper into our miniature forest, his icy-blue gaze calculative. "He'd have to be careful about cutting the tent itself, though."