14

The tears started to fall down his face. I grabbed him and pulled him into another tight embrace. His crying got kind of loud, but not too loud. I felt awful. I have no idea why he's sobbing this hard. I led him to a bench in a corner so that he could calm down. I hugged him for a good while until his crying stopped just enough for me to talk to him. I grabbed his hands and looked at him.

"Ry..what did you mean by 'you saved me' earlier?" He looked down for a few seconds, then looked back at me with his red, puffy eyes.

"C-can we go to your place to talk about that? It's a long story."

"Of course." I smiled and gave him one last hug before heading off to the parking garage to find my car.

————

Once we got to my apartment, I opened the door and let ryan in first. I led him to the couch and we sat down.

"Ok Ry..please tell me about what happened in the airport."

He took a deep breath.

"I'm only 19 years old. I just moved out of the hellhole that is my parents house a few months ago. They would do..stuff to me that would physically hurt me. Like abuse me. They've done it since I was 7. My dad was the only one that wouldn't do it. My siblings and my mom would. My dad tried to stop it, but when he did, they would start hurting him too, and he is very fragile and sick. So i didn't want that. I didnt have anyone to turn to. None of the band members had room in their house for me or their parents wouldn't let me in. Most of my family members are dead, so I couldn't go to any of them. I was alone. I got an apartment, but it was very small. A few months after all of this, a huge wave of depression hit me. The thoughts of all the shit that has happened to me came back. I uh..." He lifted up his sleeve to reveal.. hundreds of self harm scars. some were healed, some were healing, and some were fresh. I looked at him and put my hand over my mouth. I wanted to touch him, but I felt like if I did, he'd just break into 1000's of pieces. I scanned his arms up and down, then looked back at him. I shook my head to say 'no' but nothing came out of my mouth. I almost jumped at him, but being careful not to hurt him, and hugged him. Seeing him like this hurt me so bad. I pulled away and he put his sleeve down.

"Then, I got your number. We started talking, and I felt like I finally found someone. When we met today, I felt like all my troubles went away. All the thoughts of my family abusing me, my friends abandoning me, and all of that. Gone. I broke down when we were hugging because it felt so good to feel real love. That's why I kissed you. And I hope you didn't mind..i ju-"

I cut him off with another kiss. It was short, but it meant something. I was on the brink of crying. I looked at him.

"Ryan. I am SO sorry that you had to go through all of that. I wish I would've been there to help you. I'm so glad you're ok now. Just know that nothing like that is going to happen again. I love you. And I mean it." I smiled.

"I love you too. Thank you for saving me." He hugged me once more and I smiled into his shoulder. We pulled away and I looked at him. He seemed so tired and jetlagged.

"You tired?" I asked.

"Very."

"It's pretty late. I guess we can go to bed."

"Alright." He nodded.

——-
He put on his pj's and whatnot and I did the same. I didn't know if he wanted to sleep in the same bed, seen as we just met in real life. But he was so tired that he just flopped onto my bed and went to sleep right then and there. I laughed and crawled into bed on the side of him. After a while, I felt a pair of arms around my waist. It was Ryan. I nuzzled closer to him and we fell asleep like that, only to find ourselves in the same position the next morning, just so much closer.