30

I walked on stage and continued to tune my instruments. The show starts in less than 4 hours so I'd have plenty time to finish that, set up the stage, do my makeup, do my vocal warmups, and put my clothes on. I grabbed my favorite guitar, and began to tune it, trying to spread a smile across my face.
————-
-YOUR POV-

I walked off the plane and grabbed my luggage. A friend of mine that works for the venue that Ryan is performing in gave me the address. I look around me.

Downtown LA.

My eyes lit up with adventure, but I had to focus on the task at hand- find Ry. I grabbed the handle of my bag and began walking, trying to hail a taxi.
After a while, I finally stopped one, and out of breath, I gave the man $25 and the address to as of where I needed to go.
—-
I found a back entrance with a security guard at the door. His eyes got wide and he pulled down his tinted black glasses.

"Are you Ryan's girlfriend?"

I smiled and clasped both my hands together over my bag.

"Yes sir. Im surprising him as one of the dancers."

He looked at me and chewed him gum, then opened the door.

"Good luck with surprising him." He winked. I smiled and walked inside. After taking a few steps, he spoke again.

"You'll find the dressing rooms and private rooms for the dancers if you walk straight ahead and go down the first hallway you see. Fifth door on your right." He closed the door before I could say thank you.

I walked down the hallway he told me to, and just as I reached the door, I saw Jon come around the corner with Spencer. As much as I was excited to see them, I tore away my gaze and ran into the room and locked the door. I turned around and looked at at least 12 other dancers in big purple skirts looking at me. Some were in tiny purple dresses as well, which is what I was told I had to wear, with heavy purple makeup. The girls shrugged what happened off and went back to getting ready. I went into a smaller private room and grabbed one of the dresses off the rack, plus some makeup. I turned around and there was a vanity all by itself.

Perfect. Some alone time.

I turned on MP3 player and put on some good old Frank Sinatra songs. I began doing my makeup, putting on foundation, filling in my eyebrows, putting on layer after layer of purple and black eyeshadow, blending them in together, cleaning it up with concealer and adding a wing with eyeliner- I personally thought it looked sharp and neat. I topped it all off with a matte "stay on through the night" dark purple lipstick. I got up off the vanity and slipped on my purple dress. It fit me like a glove. It showed off my curves in places where I didn't even know I had them. I fell in love with it almost instantly, and thought Ryan would love to see me in this. I applied faux purple nails that were pointy at the ends, and put on fluffy white high heels. I felt so confident, and I thought I looked pretty decent. I walked out of the room, and all the other dancers started whispering to each other.

That could be good or bad.

Either way, I felt good, I thought I personally looked good, and I get to see the love of my life. That's all that matters. I went back into the room to grab my MP3 and popped it into my small purse I brought along. I walked out the room to be greeted by a huge security guard with a yellow shirt on and a buzz cut. His name tag read "Zack."

"Showtime is in an hour." Everyone nodded. Zack looked down at me and he smirked.

"And YOU must be Y/N. Ryan's girlfriend, right?" I could feel all the girl's gazes piercing into the back of my head.

"Yup."

"You wanna see Ryan? The boys got done early setting up. They're all in their shared dressing room."

You already know my answer.

Zack led me down a different hallway closer to the stage. My heart was pounding painfully near my ribs. It felt like I was about to meet a celebrity. We stopped in front of a door, and Zack looked at me.

"You ready?"

I nodded, and then the door opened.

Sure enough, all four boys were sitting on a huge couch. They all looked very anxious. Ryan was playing with his fingers, Jon was picking at the hem of his shirt, Brendon was frantically tapping his foot, and Spencer was starting off into space. The second the door opened, they stopped what they were doing and looked up at me and Zack. Ryan's eyes landed straight on me. They were wide. His mouth was slightly open, and his posture went from slouched to almost completely upright.

"Don't attack her, boys." Zack said as he closed the door and left me, Ry, Brendon, Spencer, and Jon alone. Ryan got up the second the door shut and ran to me. The other boys walked out around us.

We were alone.

He put his hand on the back of my head to push us closer together. And we stayed like that for a good while, crying into each other's shoulder. He looked up at me, our makeup both smudged and running.

"Why are y-you here?" He said in between sobs.

"I wanted to surprise you. I became a background dancer for the rest of the tour." I smiled as a big tear fell down my face. He hugged me once again and rocked me in his arms.

"I missed you so much, baby." He muffled against my hair.

"I missed you too, Ry."

We hugged and kissed and cuddled on the couch for a while after that until there was a small knock on the door. Brendon's face appeared in the doorway.

"Can we get a hug too?" Jon asked as he appeared along with Spencer.

I jumped up and hugged them, introducing myself to Jon and Spencer, and properly introducing myself to Brendon. We talked for at least for 20 minutes, and quickly all became friends. We were interrupted by what seemed to be the band's manager telling us that there is 5 minutes until showtime. We all walked to where we were going to walk out from by the side of the stage. I kissed Ryan passionately and hugged him, wishing him good luck. He said the same to me, and then their names were called to go out on stage. Shortly after, the dancers were called out and I waved at the decently sized crowd.
—-
I danced and sang my little heart out. With the occasional loving gaze from Ryan, and the supportiveness from the other band members, the night was perfect.