15

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a pair of brown ones looking back at me. I smiled.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Jesus we're moving fast. We met yesterday and we're already in the same bed." He said while laughing. I laughed along with him.

"I mean..you're the one who got into my bed." I smirked.

"True, true. You got me there." He smiled and looked down. We somehow got closer during this whole thing, so my body's reaction was to move away, but since there was nothing else going on in the room, it was pretty noticeable.

"Why'd you move back?" He asked.

"I don't know..bodily reaction I guess."

"Come back. It's cold."

I stared at him for a second and my breath hitched, but i mean, we've kissed before, so i don't know why I was hesitating so much to cuddle with him. I finally inched my self back to where I originally was. He snaked his arm around my waist and he pulled me even closer. I had no where else to go, and i told myself to enjoy it, so i put my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat and his slow breathing pattern as we both slowly fell back asleep.
——
We both woke up at around the same time, which was like 2:30 in the afternoon. I picked up my phone and saw a spam of texts from an unknown number.

it's probably ryan's ex again.

I braced myself for whatever bullshit i was about to see, but instead, i saw something different.

————
?- hey. it's brendon. ryan gave me your number. he said that you loved our music and a bunch of other shit but this is super important.
b- he's not responding to his phone and i know he's with you right now. if you don't believe it's me, give the phone to ryan and show him my number. he can tell you if it's me or not.
b- y/n??
b- hello?
b- y/n this is very serious please say something
b- hello????
y/n- im here im so sorry it took me so long
b- please tell ryan to pick up his phone. like right now.
y/n- is it something bad?
b- very. just please tell him to pick up his phone and call me.
y/n- alright.

I ran to ryan, who was now in my living room sitting on the couch.

"Ryan..brendon just texted me. He said you need to pick up your phone now and call him."

He looked confused, but he still nodded and went to grab his phone. He dialed his number into his phone and he held it up to his ear.

"Hello?...hey what's up..uh huh..
yea?..what do you mean?..what?..oh my god oh my god oh my god..no no no..he was the only one left..fuck.." That was all i heard before i saw ryan storm down the hallway into my room and slam the door. I walked to it and knocked lightly.

"Ry..are you ok?"

Nothing.

"what happened?"

Silence.

"Ry...please answer me."

"My dad just died."

—————-

sorta based on true events (in ryan's perspective not mine)..im not sure if his dad is dead or not but he was dying..i needed this story to go somewhere oop.

—————-