Chapter 6

CRAZY FUN RESORT SUITE

22:00

When I got back to my room, I immediately raced towards the bed, i thought I would fall asleep instantly, I had a long day of course, but my mind was too clouded with thoughts. What was the mission that my friends have been sent on? Why was Erica so annoyed when I showed up? And, possibly the most important, why did Erica act differently around Mike? I eventually fell asleep.

When I woke up, it was 10:30. I immediately got my clothes, and went to the breakfast buffet. I went to the table. It was jam-packed. I got the last free table, all the others were shared, I was sitting on my own. The other thing is, this was the only breakfast place in the resort. So, to my surprise, the spy school kids were forced to sit at my table.

"Dang, now we can't talk because Mr. Bigshot is at our table." Erica said.

" Whos Mr. Bigshot?" I asked.

"You." Erica replied.

I took a deep breath, "look, First off, what did I do to you that has made you so mad? second I couldn't care less what'cha do here, unless it concerns me, and finally, just leave me alone." Mike nodded to Erica as if to ask ' can I have her?'. My anger deeped. I stood up and left.

As I was leaving I heard Erica ask, " what do we do about wow now?"

When I got to the beach, I saw Jessica, I ran up to her.

"Hi," I said.

"Do I know you? You look familiar." Jessica replied.

"I'm Ben, you know, the guy who defused the nuke in vail." I replied. Jessica took a closer look.

"Ohh... the person in ski school who arrested my dad, yeah I remember you." Jessica replied, somewhat bitter.

"Your dad would have killed thousands of people and forever irradiated the place."

"It's ok. I guess."

I took a deep breath, "what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Trying to nuke this place," Jessica said sarcastically, "what do you think i'm doing? I'm on vacation."

I laughed, "so, where are you staying?"

"In the hotel, no, in the premium club, ocean view." she answered.

"Cool, so i'll see you around?"

"Only if you don't accuse me of a crime?"
"Oh... I was fired/expelled from the CIA."

"So sorry to hear that, sorry i've got to go."

And she left. I walked to the bar and sat down and ordered a soda. Then I looked at the beach. And then I looked at Tulum.