Chapter 14

Tulum

10:00

Ben's POV

Once the boring 3 hour long shuttle was done. We got out of the car. Immediately Erica started to walk towards the jungle.

"Why... are you going there?" I asked.

"If WOW has their base anywhere, it would be in the jungle." Erica answered. Then she continued walking. Once we got to the edge of the jungle, Erica gave me and the rest of us, a pistol.

"Wait, why are you giving me this?" I asked, Compared to the other spies - in - training my gun skills are like a flaming talko, I would probably shot myself before anything.

"Because you gun skills are better than you think." Mike said, giving me the reply. There wasn't any time to argue though because we already were loading the guns and heading into the jungle.

"So... where are we going?" I asked, but I thought I already knew the answer.

"To WOW's secrete base, where else?" Zoe answered.

"How do you know where wow's base is?"

"Erica took some reconnaissance missions." Mike answered, right as he said that however, we reached a cave, and at the entrance there was two trailers and a truck.

"Is that the WOW headquarters?" I asked.

"Yep," Erica answered, "so here's the plan. Java, Chip, get at the entrance of the cave and put explosive charges on the entrance and on the truck, once were done, no one's escaping. Mike and Zoe, guard the entrance to the cave. I will infiltrate the HQ, and finally, Ben, keep overwatch." I knew that what she meant was wait until they got the job done, but I didn't say that, once the team was infiltrating the cave, I felt someone creep behind me, I turned around. Nothing. I thought it was just my guts. Then someone stepped behind me.

"Murray." I said knowing who it was.

"I would ask you how you knew it was me, but this time, am on a time crunch, no more figuring out the plans, I'm just gonna straight up kill you." He said.

"Well too bad." I replied, spun around, aimed my gun. And shot three times, all three shots hit the target. Murray fell down to the ground. I stood up, feeling a sudden surge of badassery. Then I too fell to the ground, I remembered suddenly that I had been shot in the gut days before, and I layed there, waiting for the battle to be over.