Chapter 8

CRAZY FUN RESORTS

13:00

When I finally came to, I was in a resort room. A quick look around the room could tell me that it was the lowest tier in the resort, yet still a nice room, with a wood and marble finish, and 6 computers. I was on a soft bed. The door to the bedroom finally opened.

"Getting knocked out alot these days huh?" Erica said. "You got yourself into a lot of trouble, luckily for you, someone came and saved you, got any idea on who it was?" she asked.

"I think it was Jessica." I answered

"Jessica?" Erica asked, not believing me, "Like, the Jessica in vail?"

"The very same."

"Huh." Erica then thought for a moment. And then left the room. "Stay here." she said, and left. I laid there, then turned on the tv to see if anything was on. Then turned the tv off. I closed my eyes and slept.

When I awoke, Zoe and Erica were right beside the bed. I yelped in surprise, pulling the covers towards me, then I remembered that I had clothes on. I got out of the bed.

"Next time could you please just wake me up." I said, then sat down on the bed. Both Zoe and Erica looked slightly sad. "What happened?" I then asked.

"Both Cyrus and Catherine were sent back to the CIA." Zoe said, "we're screwed."

"Where's Mike?" I asked, right as Mike opened the door.

"Did you guys tell him?" Mike asked.

"Yeah," I answered, "why are all of you telling me this?"
"Because all of us thought that we had no experience in leading and wanted you to lead the mission." Zoes answered.

"You just want and escape goat, so if this mission is failed, all the blame would be placed on me, and also have you noticed that I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE IN LEADING MISSIONS, IF YOU WANT A LEADER, THEN GO TALK TO ERICA!" I looked at Erica. I was now mad. Breathing heavily I yelled, "DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY TRAINING IN LEADING MISSIONS, FOR PETE'S SAKE YOU'RE TRAINING TO BE SPIES!"

"Listen, Ben, you were training to be a spy t-" Erica started.

I took a deep breath, taking every inch of my will not to yell, "No, YoU LisTEn, YOu WeRe The One WHo goT mE eXPeLLed." Erica looked down, a disappointment, almost sadness in her eyes, it almost broke me down, almost. I scoffed at them, then said, "goodbye." and left the room.