chapter 17

Plane heading towards washington dc.

8:30

The plane ride was a very boring trip, and I had brought my phone as my only entertainment. I didn't download any movies, so I was forced to listen to the few good albums I had downloaded on my phone. Unfortunately I played my music a bit too loud. But it wasn't who you thought would notice, Zoe was too far away and Erica was asleep at my shoulder. It was the kid behind me. "Hey, are you part of some sort of... spy school." the kid asked. This was strange.

"What spy school?" I asked.

"The US CIA gave me this packet and said everyone on this plane was apart of the CIA." The kid replied. There was only 40 people on the 737, so this was inside the realm of reality. I did my best to look confused, which I was already so it wasn't too much work.

"Dude... are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, some dude named Cyrus Hale gave me this packet." The kid said.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"James Smith." the kid replied. I looked over to Erica, weighing the options of letting her, Erica, sleep on my shoulder, or awake her for this one kid. I eventually opted to wake her.

"Yeah, what's up?" she asked.

"There's this kid named James Smith who claims he was accepted into the CIA from Cyrus, and furthermore says that everyone on this plane is part of the CIA." I said, to my surprise, she didn't jump into action, instead she just sat there.

"Yeah... he's right about everything, even the pilots and flight crew are part of the CIA." Erica replied. I took a look around the plane, now I saw that each of them already had a packet. I didn't get much of a look though, because James asked the one question I knew he would.

"Hey, whos that girl next to you?" he asked. I looked at Erica for an answer, she nodded that it was ok to give him her name, I just sat back, and pulled my headphones on. Erica gave me a strange look, then she turned to James.

"Erica." Erica answered.

"Cool, I'm James." James answered. "So, are you part of the spy school too?"

"Yes, and don't ask that question." Erica said. Meanwhile I turned my music up so loud I couldn't hear Erica and James's conversation. I got a text from Mike. Whos that kid whos talking to Erica?. I replied James, he's in spy school too. Then, James nudged my shoulder.

"What?" I asked as I pulled my headphones down.

"Can you tell me a bit about the school?" James asked.

"Yeah, it sucks." I replied, "people stab your back to get on the good side of the CIA. And sometimes you're forced on missions. People you know will die, and you will have to kill sometimes." I said. I didn't know how all of that came out of me, I usually was on the bright side of things, but now I just told the ugly, messy truth.

"Wow." James said. "Have any of your friends been killed?"

"Yes, I really don't want to talk about anything related to the school or the missions so please just stop." I said.

"Come on... just tell me their names." James asked while taking a sip from a soda, I remembered that I had a coffee, so I took a sip for just making me look cooler. All I needed now was a pair of aviators.

"No." I said flatly. Then turned back .

"Come on..." James said, now I was becoming a bit annoyed.

"I said no." Now I was one sentence away from yelling.

"Please." James asked.

"NO." I yelled. James looked surprised, I put my headphones back on and turned up my music.