7. Unsafe

"is Pam okay?" i asked afraid "Sweetie P- " Dianna started "is she still in the CPR? where's Michael? did h-"

"Sophia Pam Is Dead."

Sophia's POV:

i froze.

i didn't move

i didn't say anything.

i felt my heart, my body everything hurt even thinking.

"sweetie? are you okay?" i heard Dianna ask but i couldn't say anything that's when i realized

Pam was dead, she was gone. Forever.

i slowly started to move my feet towards the waiting room's door "Sophia where are you going?" Demi asked but i didn't say anything, i just continued walking. I was almost at the hospital's big doors when someone grabbed my arm "Soph where are you going?" it was Dallas "home" i said almost whispering "i can take you there if yo-" as much i liked that someone wanted to take care of me i didn't want to bother anyone and i wanted to be alone "thank you Dallas, but i don't want to be a bother an-" "hey you're not a bother please let me-" Dallas said but i cutter her off "thank you so much for caring Dal, but i'd want to be alone, goodbye" i said and walked away to find a cab.

As i found the cab i was opening the door when i saw Demi running to me "SOPH! SOPH WAIT! DON'T GO!" she screamed. i quickly stepped into the cab "Drive, Drive!" i said to the driver and he started the engine as i saw Demi banging the glass "i'm sorry" i said quietly and placed my hand to the glass as i saw Demi looking at me confused maybe because i had tears streaming down my face then she placed the hand to the glass like our hands touched then we drove away leaving Demi standing to the parking lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At home:

As soon as i entered to my front door i unlocked it and went to my room. i didn't even bother to close the front door. I went to my bed and took a little box under the bed. I placed it on my bed and opened it, there was my little secret that no one didn't know about not even Pam. It had a lighter and a box of cigarettes. I went to the apartment's roof and lit up the cigarette. I heard buzzing on my pocket it was my phone i looked at it and saw Demi's ID on the screen. "ugh i guess i have to answer then" i mumbled i slider it and heard Demi's worried voice from the other line

D: "Sophia! where are you, why did you left from the hospital that quickly? are you okay?"

wow she can ask a lot of questions in one breath no wonder why she can sing so perfectly.

S: "i'm fine don't worry"

i said, but i wasn't fine, i was crashed, i didn't feel anything.

D: "Where are you?"

S: "at my apartment"

D: "no you're not i'm i yours right now and i can't see you, it's quiet"

S: "What are you doing In my apartment?"

D: "Soph the door was open and can i ask you, where are you?"

S: "ugh i'm fine Demi"

I said and ended the call. As i lit up the third cigarette i started to think why My dad i mean Michael killed my aunt, or he thinks he just hurt her but he doesn't even know what he did, he fucking killed my aunt and now he's gonna pay for it.

"i didn't knew you smoke" i heard from behind "Jesus christ you fucking scared me! i could've had a heart attack!" i said jumping back and turning around "how you can smoke, you're only 15" Demi asked "i have had contacts, but i don't smoke usually only when i'm feeling broken or sad or all at one" i said and Demi just nodded. "and before you ask why i'm here, i'm not trying to kill myself or anything even if i want to but i just wanna be up here watching stars one more time before i'm gonna put into a care home you know because Pam's...uh... you know so" i said and Demi looked at me "but you're not gonna be here for the last time, not if i adopt you." Demi said smiling and waiting for me to answer "Demi I-" i tried but Demi cut me off "look i know what are care homes and i know what they do there and what i've been seen they're not taking a very good care of kids" Demi said and i felt my body tense up. I couldn't see Demi ever again or her family and i couldn't see Jasmine ever again which was making me miss her like crazy "but i don't wanna be a burden and i know how busy you are" i said but she just smiled at me "hey i've already made a deal that i'm gonna take couple of months off okay, i want you to be safe and i don't have to be a mom to you if you don't want i can just be a sister or a young woman who takes care of you" "and that young woman has a name, Demi" i added "yes , but please let me take care of you, we can go to my family house too i-" "Demi it's a yes" i said taking a cigarette box out of my pocket "really?" Demi asked her eyes widen and smiling like a child on christmas morning "yes Demi i want you as my mom or whatever it is, But only one condition" i said and her smile faded a little "If Jasmine can visit us whenever she wants" i said and Demi smiled "haha of course, but no funny business or visiting at night" Demi said which made me laugh "OKAY okay Ew!" i said and then she took the cigarette box of my hand "but you need to quit smoking, it's very bad to your health" she said "i promise" i said.

As we went to Demi's apartment i went to her music room and started to play piano i played Sia's song Chandelier i love that song i wanna meet her someday. She seriously is amazing singer anyways i was playing the song when i heard Demi coming to the room, you can pretty much smell her vanilla shampoo from here."what's up kiddo?" she asked "nothing i just, ugh i can't believe she's gone" i said starting to tear up "hey sweetie everything's gonna be okay" Demi said hugging me "you promise?" i asked almost whispering "yea, i promise" she said kissing my forehead then i heard a door open "Sophia are you here i need to tell you something" it was Jasmine "i'm here in the music room" i said "good, babe your dad's coming this way, what do we do?" she asked "what? why he's coming here didn't he heard what i said" i said but i was more disbelief that she called me Babe.

I quickly took my phone and called the police but before i could i saw my drunken dad in the doorway "oh Sopphiaaa" he called "go away! go away don't touch me!" i said then i saw Demi taking her phone and she mouthed me that she was gonna call the police.I saw my dad walking towards me with a smirk on his face "Soppphiaa c'mon don't be a pussy come to give your dad a hug" he said but i backed away "no! you're not my dad! and where's my mum anyway" i asked "oh she's fucking some other guys but who cares" he said wait what my parents divorced? "What do you mean?" i asked "look Soophia either you're gonna come with me and live a happy life with me or i'll kill you!" he said angrily "after what you did to Pam after all she helped you? i would never come with you!" i said and then i heard the police were rushed in and they took my dad away "YOU'RE NOT SAFE SOPHIA I WILL BE BACK!" He screamed.

Why i believed that?

Maybe i wasn't safe after all.