Chapter 5: The Sorting

"Speaking"
'Thinking'
"Mind Talking (Mind Link)"
"~Parseltounge~"
"Language of the Dead"
"&A Different Language&"

●____________________________________●

A/N: That's the best I could find for the hair coloration for Caedon.

Harry and everyone else walk into the Great Hall. There stood a hat on a stool, but everyone else was looking around at everything in the hall. The stern woman from before stood next to the stool, and stated, "When I call your name, walk up and sit on the stool." Then she started to call people, starting with Hannah Abbot. Slowly going down the line, in alphabetical order. He listened to Draco's, who got Slytherin. Theo got Slytherin too. Iamera went to Hufflepuff, pray they survive the next few years. Iamera claimed to want to make an army of loyal followers. "Where else can you find a loyal army but in hufflepuff!" Iamera claimed, before on the train.

Harry shook his head at her. Sophia got Ravenclaw. Anwir and Sinai went to Slytherin.

"Potter, Harry!" The stern witch had called for him.

"It's Hadrian, ma'am," Harry replied while walking up to the hat. Whispers circled around Harry, wondering why they never knew of Harry. Lily Potter was looking down at him, he could feel her eyes. He turned and sat on the stool, the hat falling over his eyes.

'Ah, would you please remove your shields?' A voice whispered in his head. Harry narrowed his eyes, 'Who are you? Why should I drop my shields?'

They weren't actually shields, it was a forest with traps. Anyone who went in had a larger chance at falling into a trap, tripping a trap, or getting stuck in the prison within his mind, thus making them stuck there till Harry allowed them to leave.

'I am the hat on your head, Hadrian. My name is Unitatis. I need the shields dripped so I can sort you into a house.'

'Why don't you sort me into Slytherin?'

'I need to see your mind.'

'I doubt Iamera let you see into her mind. If you did, she wouldn't be in Hufflepuff. Plus, I think I have a seam ripper and scissor in my luggage.'

'Okay, okay. Better be'

"SLYTHERIN. Now don't you even dare try that stunt Hadrian."

Harry had a smirk, "Of course. I couldn't if I wanted to, I don't have either of them. Have a good evening."

Walking to the Slytherin table, smirk stuck to his face. Anwir grinned, probably knowing what Harry did.

"Seam ripper?" Anwir asked.

"And scissors," came Harry's reply.

"Of course. No way you couldn't have came here now. Oh hail the king!"

"Oh shush, the whole hall is watching. Even with the sorting going on," Sinai whispered to them.

True to his words, once Harry sat and looked around, he saw more than half of the people there looking at the three.

Finally Blaise got sorted, into Slytherin of course.

Harry ignored the headmaster and talked to Tom.

"Where is the first place to go in this castle?" Harry asked.

"First you need sleep. Then we'll see tomorrow."