Chapter 3

September 17th, 2017

*Reagan's POV*

The next morning I woke up to a silent house, which is saying something because my brother is the loudest person you'll ever meet. I checked the clock. It read 10:30. Yeah the guys were at practice, which would explain the silence. I walked downstairs and made myself some bacon and eggs. After brunch I get changed into some workout gear and went to the basement where all the equipment is. I stretched and decided to spend my time on the treadmill. I started slowly and gradually increased the speed until I was sprinting. After a little while, I stopped and stretched to cool down. I heard the front door open and resumed my stretching. I heard the basement door open and someone came down the stairs.

"Hey Shayne" I said, my back was still to the staircase.

"Um, it's not" I heard a familiar voice say

I turned and saw Nolan about halfway down the stairs, dressed in khakis and a t shirt.

"Oh hey Nol." I said, got up and walked over to him. "Ignore the mess." I gestured to myself.

"You look great Reagan." He said, holding his hand out

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks, smiled and took his hand. "You don't look bad yourself Patrick."

"Thanks" he said nonchalantly

I heard a loud bang upstairs and looked at Nolan.

"We should probably check and see what's going on." I said

The two of us ran up the stairs and busted into the kitchen. I saw the stools set up on either end to look like goals, Ivan on top of Travis Sanheim, and Giroux with his arm up like a ref.

"What on earth are you guys doing?"

"Playing hockey" Sanheim said as if it's no big deal

"Clean it up and play NHL or something. I don't want you guys ruining my house"

They grumbled and walked to the family room where the rest of the guys were.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, I'll be down soon." I told them and went up to my room

I have a love hate relationship with showers. They are a nice way to get warm, but they also leave you on your own with your own thoughts for a while. I wouldn't mind that part if my thoughts weren't always anxiety filled. I quickly finished my shower and got dressed, thoughts already flooding my mind. I texted Shayne to let him know I needed him. Not even a minute later, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said weakly

Shayne entered my room, walked over to me, and gave me a huge hug. I could feel the tears start streaming down my face. And the annoying thing was, was that I had no idea what I was getting so worked up about. A few minutes later I heard the door open again and felt Shayne nod his head. I looked up to see Travis and Ivan standing in the doorway. They both came over and joined in the hug.

"We're always here if you need us Reags" Travis said

I nodded in acknowledgement, I couldn't even form a basic word for a little bit. But after I got myself together a little, I kindly asked Shayne to leave so I could talk to the other two. He obliged and left my room. The two boys who remained looked at me.

"Thank you so much." I said with a slight smile, all I could muster out.

They hugged me tighter as I cried. After a few minutes, a slowly got myself together and headed downstairs to socialize with the rest of the team.