Chapter 9

November 16th, 2017

After a long flight, the team and I arrived in Winnipeg at 2 am. I don't remember much except waking up with Nolan in my room getting dressed.

"Did I wake you up?" He asked me

"No, you're good. What time is it?" I replied trying not to fall back asleep.

"Its 4 pm, you missed both breakfast and lunch." He laughed as my stomach rumbled

"It's not funny!" I complained as I got up to get a granola bar. "I should probably get ready for the game, huh? Oh and are you cleared to play today?" I asked

He nodded his head as he stuffed a granola bar in his mouth as well. Nolan swallowed the food before grabbing his stuff.

"Hey Reagan?" He asked

"Yes?" I said back to him

"Um would you like to go on a date with me sometime?"

I turned my head towards him as he asked the question. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and a smile forming. "It's about time you asked" I let out a little giggle "Of course I will."

He smiled and headed to his room to get ready. I pulled out a little black dress and walked over to the bathroom to get changed into it. I applied my makeup and threw my hair up into a ponytail.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Nolan in one of his suits, sitting on my bed and looking at his phone

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Nolan in one of his suits, sitting on my bed and looking at his phone. I guess he heard me walk in cause he looked up and his jaw instantly dropped when he saw me.

"Close your mouth, you'll catch flies" I teased him.

"Wow Reagan, you look amazing." He said while very obviously checking me out.

"Hey, my eyes are up here" I replied

"I'm gonna get more food, do you want anything?" He asked, quickly changing the subject as his cheeks reddened.

"Yeah, could our first little date be down to the café to grab some coffee or something?"

He smiled and held out his hand. I took it and walked out into the hall with him.

"I'll be back in a minute, I just need to get my wallet" he said and went into his room.

I opened up my messages and texted Shayne.

*Nolan's POV*

*Nolan's POV*

I walked into my room in disbelief. I can't believe I really just did that. I asked her on a date, and she wanted to go now

The Boyz

She said yes

TK: You asked her out?

Yeah, I can't believe I actually did it

Ghost: It's about time you did

Provy: She was getting real impatient

Ha well im glad I did it

Like she looks amazing

Provy: ooooh someones in looooove

Ghost: Your girl just sent me this

Ghost:

I grabbed my wallet and walked back out into the hall where Reagan was

*Reagan's POV*

Nolan returned and the two of us headed for the café. I ordered a coffee and a breakfast sandwich while Nolan got a fruit salad and some water.

"So how do you think you guys'll do today?" I asked trying to start a conversation

"Pretty good, I think. It'll be my first game back and I'm feeling pretty confident." He paused and fiddled with his fork. "Um Reagan, can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

I started to blush. "Of course, I'd love that." I smile

The two of us continued talking and eventually got up to our respective hotel rooms so we could leave for the game.

i