Chapter 13

December 3rd, 2017

Shayne and I arrived at PHL at around 7 am. We arrived at the airport with only some of the guys there.

"Hey look! We're not the last ones here this time!" I glared at Travis who only laughed.

"Yeah, it's a miracle." He chuckled at got up to greet me.

I waved at the rest of the guys, and I noticed Nolan hadn't arrived yet. I texted him to make sure he was awake, and sure enough he was on his way. About 15 minutes later, he arrived.

"Hey" He said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Hey, I think this is the first time I've beaten you to the airport." I smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Yeah, this is surprising" He laughed

"You wanna grab a coffee?" I asked, already on my way to the Starbucks down the way

"I guess I'll come with you." I chuckled and caught up with me

We both ordered hot coffees and returned to the group. About five minutes later, we boarded the plane to Calgary, where they would start off their 3 game road trip.

I don't remember falling asleep on the plane, but I remember Shayne rudely waking me up. Eventually got up and the team and I headed to the hotel. Nolan and I walked into our room. I almost instantly flopped on one of the beds.

"Tired Gostisbehere?" He asked

"Shut up Patrick. It was a long flight." I replied and threw a pillow at him

He laughed and sat next to me on the bed. "How would you know? You slept the whole time."

I sat up, rested my head on his chest and eventually fell back asleep.

*Nolan's POV*

How could one person make me so happy? I know I'm horrible at this whole romance thing, but the way Reagan makes me feel and act, no one has ever done that to me. I knew what it was. Those three words I never thought would cross my mind. We haven't been even dating a month, how could I feel this way?

*Reagan's POV*

I woke up again, but this time with my head on Nolan's chest, a place I preferred compared to the plane seat.

"Good afternoon Sleeping Beauty." He chuckled

"You know I'm not a morning person Prince Charming" I groaned

I got up and changed into a t-shirt and jeans. We decided to go explore Calgary before their game tomorrow. We found a cute little diner to eat at and we decided to share an omelet and hash browns. We continued to explore the city and eventually found our way back to the hotel. We fell asleep almost instantly.

December 9th, 2017

*Reagan's POV*

"Hey Shayne, I'm going shopping" I told my older brother as I headed out the door.

I texted Gina to let her know I was coming to get her. I got in my car and drove to her place.

"Hey Reags" She said as she got in my car "Where are we going?"

"We're going on a shopping trip." I answered and drove the two of us to the mall.

We arrived at the mall and headed straight for the Dick's Sporting Goods store to look for Christmas presents. We get some new sticks and pucks for our boys, we dropped the stuff off in my car and we went back into the mall. This time, Gina insisted on taking me to Victoria's Secret. I agreed only because I knew it would make her happy.

"So how are you and Nolan?" She asks

"Amazing, everything he says and does makes me feel weak. He could glance at me and my heart would skip a beat." I confessed as I picked up a t-shirt.

"Ooooh I think someone's in loooove" She teased me.

"No. I am not. We only started dating a few weeks ago. There is no way. Where's the logic to falling in love a few weeks after dating?" I denied

"That's the thing Reags. There's no logic. You meet someone and you fall in love. Whether you like it or not. The heart wants what it wants – or else it doesn't care."

I glared at her. "I hate it when you're right about these things, and use quotes against me. But how do I tell him? I can't just randomly go up to him and say 'I love you'"

She laughed "Well of course you don't wanna do that. You'd just look stupid. Maybe just say it before their next game when you wish him luck. Wait never mind, that might mess with his performance. That messed with Shayne's. Or after they win. That way he won't be distracted on the ice."

Well, this was going to be harder than I thought.