Chapter 16

December 27th, 2017

"So uh, this is my room." We walked in and I plopped myself down on my bed.

Nolan walked around and smiled, stopping at a picture of Shayne, Felicia and I. Both Shayne and I were in our hockey gear, while Felicia was in one of her figure skating outfits.

"I was six, he was 12 and Felicia was 16. That was when she won states for figure skating and Shayne and I were about to get on the ice for practice." I explained as I walked over to him. He put his arm around my waist and I rested against him.

"You miss it, don't you?" He asked as he looked at the shelf of trophies

"Everyday. As soon as I get off the ice I miss it. Sometimes I think about begging Hak to let me join the team." I paused and Nolan smiled "Come on, we're going on a trip."

I got downstairs with Nolan following behind me. I told my parents we'd be out, and the two of us got into the car.

"Okay where are you taking me?" Nolan asked as I drove out of the development.

"I'm taking you to where my hockey journey began." I smiled

We drove for about a half hour and I pulled into the parking lot of the Florida Panthers IceDen. Nolan's eyes widened as I got out of the car.

"This is where you learned to play?" He asked

"Yeah. I still remember when it was called Incredible Ice." I laughed "Felicia used to train here, and Shayne and I learned how to play hockey here."

We walked into the arena, and everyone's eyes turned towards us. I greeted everyone I knew, and Nolan was surrounded by little kids. I couldn't help but smile watching him interact with all the children. After he had his mini meet and greet, I found my old coach and talked to her for a little bit.

We left the IceDen about an hour later and we were on our way back to Pembroke Pines. I made a left and pulled into my old high school's parking lot. The kids had off for winter break, but I knew that my former coach would make the ice hockey kids come for practice. I led him through the school, occasionally stopping and showing him where one of my classes once were. I eventually took him to ice rink, where sure enough, the team was practicing.

"This is a closed practice, you can't be here." The coach spoke without turning around

"Wow Coach, you said you'd greet me with open arms when I returned." I laughed

She spun around with a huge smile across her face.

"Regan Gostisbehere, what a surprise!" She said

I walked down the stairs and to the bench, where my coach greeted me with open arms.

"You finally got a guy Ghost?" She joked "It took you how many years?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and chuckled. "Coach Johannsson, this is my boyfriend Nolan Patrick. Nol, this is my high school coach. She helped me become not only the player, but the person I am today."

Nolan smiled and shook her hand. "It's an honor to meet you. You did a great job on her." He smiled

"Oh my god that's Shayne Gostisbehere's sister." I heard one of the players say

"And Nolan Patrick is right next to her!" Another one said

"She's a Flanagan High legend." A third one added

Coach blew her whistle and motioned for the team to join us. They still had the same green "Fighting Falcons" practice uniforms as I did when I was a falcon.

"Hey!" I said to the team

"You're – you- you're brother – uh – um" Someone sputtered out.

I giggled "Hi, you guys may know me as Reagan Gostisbehere, sister to Shayne. This is my boyfriend Nolan Patrick."

We talked to the team and Coach for a while before leaving to go back home. We arrived at home and this time Shayne was there. We said hi and then went to my room. I kicked off my flip flops and laid on my bed.

"Come here" I said with my arms wide open

He smiled and kicked off his shoes. He snuggled up with his head in the crook of my neck. He wrapped his arm around me and soon he fell asleep.

r_ghost33: I guess you're okay @npatrick19

83.9k likes / 45 comments

npatrick19: I guess you're alright too

r_ghost33: I'm fabulous idk what ur talking about @npatrick19

npatrick19: Yeah ur right

travis_konecny: cuties

ipro13: no little ones... even tho they'd be cute

loganthompson48: @ipro13 but come on they'd be so adorable

r_ghost33: @loganthompson48 @ipro13 um...

npatrick19: @loganthompson48 @ipro13 umm..

s_ghost14: @loganthompson48 @ipro13 uhhh no.

irenekiroplis: OMG REAGS HAS A BOYFRIEND AND HES IN THE NHL