Chapter Thirteen

Right now, I'm in a huge and fancy wine cellar. I think I'm drunk from the wine, but I'm not sure... I didn't know that could happen.

Dean comes down the stairs, and I giggle. "We need to get back to the.. car," his voice fades near the end as he realizes what's going on. With a wine bottle in my hand, I unsteadily stand up in front of him.

"No," I say. Then I give him a smirk, because he looks concerned. I love attention, sympathy.

"Sam," he yells over his shoulder, "I found her." Behind him, I hear heavy footsteps outside the door, then on the stairs. Dean takes the wine bottle roughly from my hand.

"Hey," I start to protest. He shakes his head, putting a finger on my lips.

"No," Dean tells me, "no more."

I frown and suddenly feel like I'm going to cry. Then I look at Sam like I've noticed him for the first time.

"Hi, Sam," I grin. My eyelids feel heavy. "I'm going to sleep now," I tell them before falling to my knees.

"No," Dean says, taking me under the arms, "no. We have to get back the car. You hear me, Chrys?"

I nod and try to keep my eyes open. "Wait," I say. I want more wine. "No. No," I moan as Dean picks me up bridal style.

There's a low growl in the back of my throat as I lean my head on his shoulder, scowling. "More wine," I pout. Nobody responds, and Dean lays me in the back of car.

Black crowds my vision, and I squint. Then I start to remember things about Trick.

"It's the little things, really," I say. My words slur slightly. "It's the little things that make you remember the most about people." Pushing myself up, I lean against one of the doors, my legs out in front of me on the leather seat.

"Hey," I giggle, "I remember once when Trick and I went to... to a family cookout. And he tried to eat a lot of the hamburger at once. His cheeks puffed out, and everyone laughed for the longest time. He didn't know what was happening, and he just kept eating and eating and..." My eyelids sag a little bit more.

"Once," I start again, "once, Trick... he brought his girlfriend home the same day Xavier brought his home. And Trick was trying to show mom that his girlfriend was better than Xavier's. But Xavier was doing the same thing, and they had a light saber fight. Trick's girl left, because she thought he was stupid. I didn't think he was stupid." My face stretches in a yawn.

"Oh," I say suddenly. "I remember one time when Trick was teaching me how to play basketball. And he would... he would always hold out his pinkies when he was about to shoot." Slowly, my face sags along with my eyelids. "He doesn't do that anymore. He's dead," I end before the black covers my vision.

When I wake up, certainly not too long later, Dean's taking my shoes off. I'm laying on our bed and try to sit up.

"Don't," Sam says, setting a water bottle on the end table. "You need rest."

"Sam," I say weakly, holding out a hand to take his wrist. "Sam," I repeat, "how did you know it was Trick?" My voice is soft, but I know he still hears me. Sam sits on the edge of the bed beside me.

"He had your nose," he says, "and your eye shape."

"He had my mom's nose," I say, "and my dad's eyes." Then I roll my face over and cry into the pillow. I feel Dean crawl into the bed behind me and wrap his arms around mine. He kisses my hair, and I end up crying myself to sleep.