5

A week had passed since the first day of school. Haven loved middle school. She now had another friend, Tyler, and her classes were amazing. The only problem was Zion. The boy she loved dearly. He loved the girl she hated. Except he didn't really love Maddie. He was just using her. But the plan was working and that was all Zion cared about.

It was now the weekend. The time of the week that every kid cherishes. Haven skipped down the stairs of her home. Her camera sat in one hand, her satchel wrapped around her torso. She managed to pull all of her curls into a messy bun. A white Nasa shirt covered her entire body to the point that you couldn't see the black shorts she wore underneath. The shirt used to belong to her dad, but Jacob no longer wanted it. 

The sun kissed the girl's skin as she entered the front yard. Every Saturday Haven would go take pictures of stuff. Today she was headed for the park. "Hey, Haven!" a voice sounded from behind her. Haven turned and saw Kékéli running towards her.

"Hey," Haven smiled brightly towards the teenager. "Whatcha doin'?" 

"I was just over at a friend's house and saw you. Figured I say hello. What about you?"

The girl held up her camera, "Taking photos in the park."

"Can I join you? I don't really want to hang out with Z and Elom. They recently have been going through this weird video game phase. I mean they never seem to leave the den." At the sound of Zion's nickname, a twinkle formed in Haven's eye. She nodded to her neighbor. 

The two girls walked down the street. Small talk filled the air, mainly about school and how Haven was liking middle school. Then the important question came up, "Did you know Zion had a girlfriend?" 

Kékéli nodded her head, "Yeah, but I never really thought he would ask a girl like her out. If I'm being honest, I see you and him being together in the future."

"Really?" Haven couldn't hide her excitement. At the sound of those words, she knew that her crush wasn't stupid. That she might actually have a shot. 

Again the older sister nodded. "Mhm, Zion always teases about you, but that is how you can tell a boy likes you."

"Boys tease when they like you?"

"Yeah, and they act a little strange when they are around you. Some get really shy." The girl's smile never left her face as she listened to the high schooler speak. 

Like any middle school relationship, Zion and Madeline's didn't last for more than two weeks. Z thought everything was going great. He walked Maddie to all of her classes. Haven didn't really bother him anymore. She kind of ignored him. Then the dreaded day came when Madeline decided she liked Jake. She dumped him. In front of Haven.

Haven was over the moon when she saw the event. She thought that finally, someone could see past Madeline's pretty exterior. See that she was truly evil.

The next morning Haven waited outside her white picket fence. She stared down at her black vans anticipating Zion. "Bye Mom!" Her coffee eyes lifted to look at the Kuwonu house. Zion walked across the yard to the sidewalk. Right when the boy passed by her house, the girl rushed to his side.

"I'm sorry Madeline hurt you." Her voice was full of care. She did feel kind of guilty. And pissed. Madeline hurt the love of her life. That wasn't okay in Haven's book.

Zion stared at the girl before him. All he wanted was for her to stop caring, but it seemed that even after getting a girlfriend, he couldn't do anything to get her off his back. "I'm fine, it's not that big of a deal."

Silence fell for a split second before Haven started talking once again, "Well, do you like anyone else? Maybe you could ask them out. I'm sure they would say yes." The girl was trying her hardest to not make it obvious that she was the one she was talking about. She wasn't very good at it. Zion looked at her. He knew that she was talking about herself. In the back of his mind, he was telling himself not to say what he was about to say, but he just wished for her to leave him alone. 

"No. I think I'm not going to date until high school." 

"Oh, okay." Haven looked away from the boy and down to her feet. She would just have to wait then.

Okay yeah I know it took me so long to update this book. The thing was I had written this chapter down on a piece of paper during my first period like a week ago, but I kept forgetting to transfer it onto wattpad. I finally did! Next chapter should be out soon.

xx

Sidnee