24

okay, so I wanted to use Stomach Tied in Knots by SWS because I think it correlates to this chapter but when I looked to find the acoustic version from the ep I found two different videos. the one above is a live acoustic version of the original song before it was actually turned acoustic for their ep two years later. the one below is the studio version. there are some subtle differences between the two. although I could easily pick one or the other, I felt like putting both and you can pick whichever version you want to listen to. I will warn that the above version has a weird scream laugh thing at the beginning.

by the way, I started writing this story literally a year ago according to wattpad.

The place that Zion was talking about was the top of the parking garage. Haven had never been there before considering she didn't know that the parking garage existed. It was near all the bars, an area of downtown Haven avoided. 

After climbing four flights of stairs, the group reached the top. It was practically empty besides a few cars in the corner. Light posts stood tall in between parking spaces. there was a wall that lined the car entrance to the top. Haven stared out at the view. The old buildings grew from the ground. She could see the setting sun peeking between the buildings. It was absolutely gorgeous. 

The sunset wasn't the usual bright colors she would see from her view on her rooftop. Tonight they were softer. The pink was paler than usual and turned into a dark shade of lavender. There was only a slim amount of orange that seemed to instantly fade to pink. Haven turned on her camera and captured the landscape. Her coffee eyes roamed away to the group of teens. all of their eyes were on the setting sun.

Lifting her camera, she took a photo of Brandon and Char. His arms wrapped around her while she leaned into him. His chin rested on her head. Her eyes closed as a smile spread across her face. Brandon looked down at her in admiration and love. Haven instantly looked away. She felt like she was interrupting their moment. 

Instead, she turned to her two best friends who leaned against the edge of the building. The girl squeezed in between Tyler and Austin. Her camera focused on V and Ty's profiles getting a glimpse of the sunset. Letting the camera drop from her eye, Haven looked at her photos of her friends.

"It's stunning," Venus said. Haven lifted her head to look at her best friend. Venus' green eyes stared out at the view. 

"Just like you." Her eyes turned away to look at Austin. He was already smiling at the curly haired girl. All she did was smile at him. The whispered words made her heart flutter. But only for a moment. 

That's when she noticed his position. "Be careful!" Austin was sat next to Zion. Both boys sat on the edge of the building; their legs dangling against the wall. 

Austin just laughed and pointed below him. "Don't worry there's a ledge." Haven leaned over only to see another ledge beneath them. The sun was setting a bit faster and the sky was growing darker. Haven had yet to get the picture. The wheels in her head started to turn. 

"Could you hold this?" she asked Ty. He just nodded, taking the camera out of Haven's hands. Slowly, the photographer lifted her body up onto the edge. Her legs straddled the edge while her body faced the two boys. She could feel everyone's eyes on her. 

"What are you doing?" Elom asked standing where she once did. 

"Trying to get down there." She pointed at the ledge that Austin had just pointed out.