18

Idk why but I've been obsessed with Hello recently. Also, I've been thinking of doing imagines or preferences or both. I don't know if anyone would want to read them though. Let me know your thoughts.

Her fingers pushed the mop of curls that sat on her head into a bun. She had just gotten home from school. The girl was supposed to go over to Ty's to help film his music video. The song he had played for the three at lunch was very impressive. Slipping off her shorts and shirt, Hav dug for one of Jaxon's shirts that she had stolen. The oversized Thrasher shirt fit the girl like a dress. Her glasses slipped over her nose bridge. Grabbing her camera, she headed downstairs. 

You could tell fall had hit as soon as you stepped outside. At least Haven could tell. A slight breeze tickled her arms while she stood on her porch. The trees' leaves were already changing color. As she took in her surroundings, a voice broke the silence. "Hey," the familiar voice echoed in her ears. 

Haven's coffee eyes snapped to the yard of the Kuwonu's. Zion stood leaned against the fence. His hands gripped the hip-high fence to keep himself stable. He could feel his knees growing weak. In the back of his mind, he hoped that she would acknowledge him, but he expected her to walk away or back into her house, completely ignoring him. However that was not the case Slowly and reluctantly, the girl walked over to the boy. Instead of saying anything in response, Haven just raised an eyebrow and tilted her head. 

"So..." Zion trailed off. Knots were forming in his stomach. Not once while talking to the odd girl had he felt the way he was feeling. Something was happening to him and he was hoping that it wasn't what he thought it was. "um what are you doing?"

All of the anger she had pent up in her took over. Before, Haven would be ecstatic to talk to her ex-crush. But now she wished to get on with her business. Her arms crossed over her body. A scowl couldn't help but inch itself across her lips. "Why would you care?" her simple question slipped from her mouth with such a harsh tone that it kind of shocked Z. He had only ever seen the sweet, loving Haven. Not the bitter, angry one. 

But Zion being Zion, he acted the way he would with anybody: defensively. His own arms crossed over his chest. His head tilted to look down into her deep brown eyes behind her black-framed glasses. His own glared a little at her. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because Caleb. You don't care about me. You said so yourself. Why would you care about what I'm doing since you despise me?" With each word that escaped her, the harsher her tone became. Haven was letting out all of her anger she had for the boy out. And it was understandable. 

Taking a deep breath, Zion dropped his arms and stared at the girl's face. Instead of seeing her grin that he was growing to love, he saw an upset frown. "I do care Haven. I do. I said some fucked up shit because I was angry and annoyed. I regret what I said to you. Trust me, I feel really guilty. But I do care what you're doing," His eyes stayed on her searching in her coffee orbs for something. A glimpse of forgiveness. A sight of love. Anything positive really. But he was sent a roll of the eyes instead.

"Sure. Okay. You know what Caleb. I accept your apology. But that doesn't excuse what you said. I don't want to burden you any longer, so just stop talking to me, okay. I don't need your pity." Shutting her eyes, the girl tried to keep her tears down. When she opened them, she was met with a teary-eyed Zion. Her heart clenched a little, but not enough to hold her back. Without another word, she turned on her heel, heading off to film Tyler's video.

Zion stood in the same spot. Slightly leaning against the fence. He didn't fully understand why there were tears dripping from his eyes. He shouldn't be crying over the weird girl from next door. She shouldn't have that effect on him. Wiping away his tears, the boy headed back into his house. 

As his bedroom door slammed shut, the boy jumped onto his bed. His back melted into the mattress. His eyes focused on the ceiling above his head. At first, he thought that he had no more tears. He shouldn't have any more tears for Haven. But the salty water dripped from his eyes, trailing down the side of his face onto his sheets. Although his thoughts were consumed by the curly-headed girl, the same question roamed his brain. 

Why do I care about her so much?

A soft knock on his door broke his thought process. But Haven still didn't leave his mind, The image of her at his door flashed through his head. "Yeah?" He called out to the person on the other side of the door. Deep down, in the back of his brain, he hoped that it was the girl he wanted to see. 

It was Kékéli. 

She had heard her brother come into the house and had watched his interaction with the girl. She had seen his tears and the way she was so cold to him. It was unusual, to say the least, but she knew that he had done something stupid. It is Zion we're talking about here. "Hey," her voice murmured out. Z's watered eyes refused to make eye contact with his older sister. A sad smile etched on her lips as she took a seat by him. "Want to talk about it."

Like any guy, Zion was reluctant to talk about his feelings, but as soon as he uttered one sentence, a whole tsunami flooded out. He ranted to his sister about everything. From what he had said to the girl to his thoughts that continued to take over his brain. Everything he was feeling towards Haven came out to open. Kékéli just stared at her brother. Her eyes softened as she listened. Her younger brother looked like a little kid, lost without his mother at a store, by the time he was done. She waited a moment, processing everything he had just told her, before speaking. "Z, it sounds like you like her. Like a lot. I think your hatred for her was just a way for your mind to not let you except how you felt. I'm not a psychologist, but it sounds like your upset because one: you hurt her a lot and two: she now is basically ignoring you and not giving you any more attention. I'm not saying that this is right. But it makes sense."

"What?" The boy stared at Kékéli in shock and confusion. His brain turned, trying to process what she was saying. As his sister's words sank in, his eyes started to widen.

"You like Haven, Zion." She stated. 

The boy fell back onto his bed. His eyes stared up at the ceiling. The same three words repeated over and over in his head.

I like Haven.