23

I haven't written in a month, I know. I was participating in NaNo WriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for all of November so I never sat down and wrote for this book. instead, I was working on my very first real novel, which is not a fanfiction, every single day. plus I have been stressed with finals (which thank god are finally over). sorry for the long wait and thank you for those of you who have stayed with me for this long it means the absolute world. I appreciate all of your support!!

also Introvert has reached over 50k reads which I honestly can't believe.

To say that there was an awkward tension when Zion arrived would be an understatement. Haven couldn't even look at him as the group of eleven grouped together in the cars. However, his eyes continued to stay trained on her. 

The entire time they drove to downtown Haven's thoughts were filled with anger. Anger towards Zion that he had tricked her. That he couldn't just leave her alone. But she was also angry at herself. She still couldn't believe she hadn't made the connection or ask any further questions. She was just glad to have gotten more models. Haven wanted nothing to do with Zion. He had hurt her in more ways than one. She thought she loved him. He was her world since she was only six. With just a few simple words, he shattered that idea. 

Zion Kuwonu had broken her heart.

Z's mind was flooded by Haven. She hadn't said anything to him and all he wanted was for her to look his way. The boy wished for things to be different. He thought that she would look at him and smile. Slowly, she was starting to become his world. All he wanted was for her to talk to him, laugh with him, want him again. He did realize he hurt her. But he wanted her to forgive him. 

Downtown was beautiful in Haven's eyes. From the architecture to the views. As they exited the cars, Austin wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Her eyes met his. The blonde boy's lips curved into a smile. 

Zion watched from a distance. He wished he could have been Austin. 

"So what first?" Venus spoke up. Her glasses stood on the bridge of her nose. Haven stared at black dress covered in white daisies that hugged her best friends curves. Her coffee eyes roamed away over to the brick wall covered in ivy just outside the parking lot. 

"There," she lifted a finger pointing to the location. The group of ten followed the photographer over to the wall. After position Venus in the right location and adjusting the camera settings, Haven stared at the girl. 

"You look unnatural," she muttered. 

"Unnatural?" V asked. She looked too awkward in Haven's opinion. All she did was nod as she raked her mind of something.

Zion kept his eyes on Haven as she concentrated. He knew that she was stressing too much over this. It was in the way her forehead creased and her usual smile turned into a straight line. All he wanted to do was help her. Helping her would show how much he cared. At least that was what the boys and Charlotte said to do.

"What do you call a guy with a rubber toe?"

Austin's question seemed to catch everyone off guard. Haven was lost in her own little world that she barely noticed what the boy was saying, however, Venus was.

"Roberto." Austin laughed at his own bad dad joke. And so did everyone else. Venus stood on the other side of the camera dying of laughter while the girl with wild curls took many shots. As the laughter died down, Haven flipped through the photos. Most turned out great and V looked adorable.

Haven's coffee brown eyes met with Austin's. He stared at her already, admiring how she looked at her photos. Her familiar wide grin spread across her face. Her stomach flipped. With every passing day, she was growing more and more fond of Austin. He knew exactly what to say, made her die of laughter, and overall was a great guy.

But there was something missing.

Zion couldn't help the frown that fell across his face. He wanted to be the one to help the girl with wild curls. He wanted to be the one who earned that smile that was too wide for her face. He wanted to be in Austin's shoes. He knew that they were becoming closer. And in a way, it was his fault.

Except he didn't want that anymore.

The group walked around the downtown area. Occasionally, Haven would get a good candid shot from them walking in and out through stores to the boys doing stupid dance moves in front of the fountain. As the afternoon slowly grew into the evening, Haven stared at the many shots she had gotten.

"Did you get enough?" Elom asked from beside the girl.

She sighed. "I mean, I think so. None of them stand out though. Like, I want a really good shot."

"Let me see." Tyler grabbed the camera from his best friend's hand. He flipped through all of her photos. "These are really good Hay."

"Thanks, but they're just missing something."

"Like?" Edwin asked. Over the course of the day, Haven and her friends had started to grow on Zion's friends. Their opinions on the group had started to change. 

"I don't know."

"Maybe the setting?" Charlotte asked. 

The photographer shrugged. "Maybe."

Zion kept his eyes trained on Haven as she looked at her camera. This was his chance to help her. Be the one to be there for her. And hopefully, change her opinion on him. "I know a place."