17

So destinyrosariooo made another trailer for this book. It is amazing!! Thank you so much btw! Much love!! Anyways, on with the chapter.

Taking a deep breath, Haven stood up from the inside of Tyler's car. Today was Monday. The first day that she would be testing out her new wardrobe. Her friends assured her that she looked fine. She even got a 'beautiful' from Austin. Although she got those comments, she was still slightly nervous. A scoop neck tight black shirt hugged her torso while a pair of mom jeans that she had cut into shorts slipped over a pair of black nylons. The same old army jacket she refused to get rid of rested on her shoulders and a pair of lowcut docs sat on her feet. Her hair was still a bunch of curls, but a tamer version. The girl had even attempted to do her eyebrows and lashes without to much luck. 

As soon as she was completely out of the car, her eyes caught a certain someone's.

Zion stared at the girl he thought he knew. Him and his huge ego couldn't believe what he had done. He thought that Haven had changed for him. That she made her self over for him. But as he continued to stare at the girl, he saw something he wished he hadn't surprisingly. Haven held out her hand to the golden-haired boy. He took it in his. Both wore the biggest smiles he had ever seen.

Haven's heart fluttered. Zion's heart clenched.

He continued to watch the girl as she walked side by side with Austin. Something inside of him wanted to be Austin. To walk side by side with the weird girl. To hold hands with Haven.

Austin's arm slung over Haven's shoulder lazily as they walked to the bleachers later at lunch. So far, everything was going great. Some had complimented Haven on her outfit. She hadn't seen Zion at all. The golden-haired boy walked her to all of her classes. Everything seemed to be going great. 

But as they walked closer to the bleachers, Haven noticed a very familiar group of boys sitting on the other end of the metal seats. Zion had dragged his three best friends over to bleachers. Previous to his little heartbreak speech, the girl had invited him to sit with her at lunch sometime. He hoped that they would be there today. And they were.

A light huff escaped the girl's lips as she and Austin climbed up to Venus and Tyler. "What's up with you?" V laughed at the sour expression on Haven's face. 

"He's sitting over there. I was doing so well without seeing him." All three stared at the girl with arched eyebrows. Last time they checked she was infatuated with him. Austin had been getting more attention though. 

"I thought you loved Zion," Tyler spoke up before taking a bite of his food. 

"Well, you're wrong. He is an arrogant asshole that I wish to leave my memory," Haven closed her eyes with one last sigh before adding," I don't want to get into it so can we just drop it and ignore him." All three just nodded. Austin took the girl's smaller hand in his. His thumb rubbing the back of her hand calmingly. Her coffee brown eyes fluttered open to look at him. Her wide grin covered her face. Although there was something in her heart that made her want to yank her hand away, she could feel it warming up to the golden-haired boy.

"Anyways, I finished my song for the art thingymajig. I was thinking we could film my music video this weekend. What do you guys think?" Ty informed his three friends. Each wore a smile on their faces.

"Yeah, I need to take more photos this weekend. I was thinking of putting up some ads around the school to get more models. We'll see if anybody is willing." Haven muttered.

"but first, I want to hear the song ukelele boy." Venus nudged the boy next to her. He nodded swinging the small instrument around his torso.

Zion kept his eyes over to where she sat with her friends. He watched how Austin rested his arm around her. How she smiled that stupid grin that was too wide for her face whenever anyone said anything that made her laugh or smile. How she would close her eyes for a brief moment when she spoke. Every second, the boy became more infatuated with the girl he had rejected. 

Brandon had taken notice of Zion's vision. It was a bit random that the dread-headed boy wanted to sit somewhere else for lunch instead with their other friends. He would have never guessed for the weird girl. "So that's why we're out here."

With his friend's words, Z snapped out of his daze. "What?"

"You wanted to stare at Haven at lunch so you moved us out here." A smug smirk carried over the boy's face as he looked at his best friend. B knew he was right. He just wanted to hear it from Zion.

"N-no," Zion stuttered, trying to lie to the three. The boys rolled their eyes. It was obvious that he moved out there for the girl with a mop of curls.

"I thought you hated her," Edwin spoke up. 

Nick nodded along, "Yeah, she seems to not like you anymore bro. Just forget about her."

"I never thought about her in the first place, I just feel bad for what I said," Zion defended. He paused to look over to the girl he hated, "Trust me. She means nothing."