"I'm home," the girl called out as she wandered towards the kitchen. When there was no response, she realized that she was alone. Haven pulled out a bunch of grapes from the fridge before heading up to her room.

Her fingers brushed the side of her Foster the People record. As the first song began to play, she flopped onto her bed. Her mind was a blur behind the low hum of the music. Looking over at her bookshelf, her eyes darted straight to the camera that sat. It was as if it were calling her name. Haven looked back at the ceiling debating whether or not she should go out on the roof.

The air was a bit humid even with the clouds hanging overhead threatening rain. Occasionally, when the sun would peek through the clouds, Haven could feel her skin warm up. The faint sound of her vinyl danced in her ear. Every so often, after the clouds would break and move ever so slightly, the girl would snap a picture. While she took another photo, she could hear the Kuwonu's back door close. Haven's eyes immediately flashed down hoping to see Zion.

It was Elom.

"Hey Elom," her voice echoed down to Zion's younger brother. His head tilted up to look at the girl on the roof. Unlike his brother, Elom enjoyed Haven's company. The two saw each other as siblings in a way. Elom found it nice to have an older sister figure around when Kekeli wasn't around. Haven found it nice to have a younger sibling figure considering she was the actual youngest in her family. 

"Hey, whatcha doing up there?" The boy called up to the curly-haired girl. She held up the camera to show Elom why she was exactly risking her life. "Oh. Well, I was going to play. Want to join?" Haven looked down at the watch on her wrist. 

"I probably shouldn't. I have homework to do."

"Ok see you later then." With one last wave, the girl disappeared into her bedroom. Setting down her camera in its usual spot, Haven sat down in her desk chair and begin her extenuating list of homework assignments. 

Zion stood by his window listening to the girl next door yell down at his little brother. He had seen her plenty of times before sitting on the roof. He hadn't realized that she took pictures up there. He thought she was stalking him from there. Just then did his phone ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, I have some exciting news," Brandon spoke into the phone. Although he couldn't see it, Zion knew that his best friend wore a grin the size of his face. 

"Shoot."

"You might have gotten Haven off your back," Z almost dropped his phone at the sound of those words. Ever since he first met her, he had been trying to find a way to get rid of her. 

"How?"

"Well, Nick has a new kid in his class named Austin. That said new kid was also seen walking around with Haven and even had lunch with her and her friends." A slight frown formed on Zion's lips. Just because the girl met a new boy didn't mean that she had a new boyfriend. "Okay so?" 

"Soooo..." Brandon dragged out the word hoping his friend would clue in. When he realized that nothing was going to happen, he continued, "Nick asked Austin to hang out. They're at his house and we have got to convince him to ask out Haven."

The boy stood in his room with his phone pressed to his ear and his jaw dropped. They did it. His best friend figured out a genius plan.  Zion wouldn't have to deal with Haven anymore. How had they not figured out this before? "You, my friend, are a genius!" 

"I know." 

With that, Zion hung up and headed out the door. All he had to do was convince this kid to ask out his weird neighbor. 

That was going to be a challenge.