V

ARTHUR SHELBY

ARTHUR SHELBY

GARRISON/THOMAS SHELBY
האיש עם עיניים האוקיינוס ​​גוף של זהב היזהרו לב הקרח ש

"I see you're doing better." I looked up from my book to see Thomas, or Tommy as Pol called him. A cute nickname. Somewhat ironic for a terrifying man.

"Yes, I'm doing a lot better." I whispered shutting my book and gently placing it on my lap.
Thomas smiled and walked over. He sat at the edge of the bed, he looked tired and dirt and blood covered his face and arms. "Are you alright Thomas?" I said, without a second thought I found my fingers reaching to his face. At the touch he winced but my fingers traced the scars on his face.

"I had some business I had to attend to." he said. Moving away from my hands. I placed them back into my lap.

"Have you eaten?" He said placing his hand on top of mine. He acted as if we'd know each other for years, as if we were childhood friends. From how he looked and how Pol talked about him, he was a closed off man and cold, especially after a woman had left him. Pol never mentioned the name but I knew he was still taken by another, my job was gonna get harder each minute. "Yes, Pol made me a sandwich." He smiled rubbing my hand, trying to comfort me but it was obvious he was trying to comfort himself.

I turned my legs as I tried to sit up. "Love, ye' should rest more. I hit ye' pretty hard." I laughed. "I'll be fine, I've taken harder hits then your little princess tap." I said standing up. "Let's go for a walk Thomas." I said. "Alright, I'll leave, get dressed. It's fairly cold outside." I nodded as he left the room.

♠️

"Do ye' like horses Penny?" My arms were looped into Thomas as we walked towards the Garrison, his brothers pub. "Aye, it's been a while since I've ridden one, I grew up ridding. What about you Thomas?" He nodded. "I grew up ridding. Have you ever been to the races?" I shook my head, "Never had a chance." Jews weren't welcome in many places.

We reached the garrison as we walked into the quaint little pub, "Arthur come join us, 3 whiskeys." Thomas signalled as he lead me to a back from. There we took are seats in a booth and there a older looking man, Arthur, joined us.

"Who's this Tommy?"  Arthur said as he took a seat beside Thomas. "This is Penelope, Penelope Carter."

I smiled at Arthur as he reached out his hand to shake. We shook hands as he said his name. "Arthur Shelby." 

"Pleasure to meet you. "

He was a simple man, however his eyes showed this sorrow and scars flooded his arms and neck

He was a simple man, however his eyes showed this sorrow and scars flooded his arms and neck. His hands were tough and scabbed.

"Likewise." Thomas lifted his drink to his lips. "Penelope will be a Peaky Blinder, she'll be helping you out Arthur. You'll both be partners so get well acquainted." My mouth dropped, partners? Peaky Blinder? His stone cold hard face looked shocked and confused.

"What? Partner? No offence miss, but she's she's soo-"

"Arthur, I'm just as surprised as you but I do have fighting experience, I was the welterweight champion in London for 13 years. I know how to shoot a gun as well. I won't be there to disappoint." I had to play along, it was a way to get close to Tommy. "Alright....you can start working at the bar. I rather have my partner... with me." The words to him came quite difficult but it seemed as he knew better then to question Thomas. "Now a drink to ye' two. May fortune favour ye'." He said raising his glass, I gave a fake smile as me and Arthur both toasted, clinking are glasses we downed the whiskey. The burning taste numbed my throat and I placed the glass back on the table.

Today I was a Peaky Blinder...

♠️

"Ma, what's for dinner?" I wrapped my silk robe around me as my bare feet walked on my wooden floors. Turning the corner I walked I to the living room to see instead Thomas...

"Thomas? What do I own the visit?" I said wrapping my robe a bit tighter around me. "Get dressed love, the boys are going to an auction, I need a pretty girl to be my date."

"Who said I agreed to such a thing?" I said, he smirked standing up and moving closer to me. "Ye' didn't, now cmon love get dressed." I smirked and nodded. "I'll be done in 30 minutes."

"15."

"Do you want me looking like a piss pot? 30." I said leaving the room.

.....

It wasn't much, quite simple

It wasn't much, quite simple. A green dress and my hair was tucked back. My makeup wasn't extravagant but quite natural. I walked to the living room to see him waiting. His face didn't falter, however his eyes shone bright.

"Now love, lets go the boys are waiting." He said offering his arm, I smiled grabbing my jacket and wrapped mine around his.

"I can see they aren't the only ones waiting." I whispered.

"Penny, cmon here and sit." Arthur said patting his seat. I smirked walking towards him while I could feel Thomas eyes linger. "How you doing Partner?"

"A lot better." I smiled "That's good to hear."

"Alright, time to go to the auction." Thomas said as he started the car.

Off to the auctions we go.

האיש עם עיניים האוקיינוס ​​גוף של זהב היזהרו לב הקרח ש