IX

UNKNOWN

UNKNOWN

LOCAL HOSPITAL
האיש עם עיניים האוקיינוס ​​גוף של זהב היזהרו לב הקרח ש

There Thomas heard the grasps of Penny, however the door was stuck and wasn't opening no matter how hard Thomas pushed, he backed up as he slammed into the door. Each time almost prying it open. "Pen!" He called out. He walked back and ran full force into the door opening it to see Penny on the floor as she struggled to breath. He rushed to her said as she blacked out from the lack of oxygen. "Pen!" He said as he picked her up and rushed downstairs. Micheal and Arthur looked in suprise as Thomas was in a panic and rushing to the car, the boys followed.

"Penny! Cmon love." He whispered to her gently placing her in the seat.

"What happened?"  Arthur asked.

"She wasn't breathing and passed out." The boys got in the car as Thomas drove fast. They were barreling down the road as Arthur kept a eye on the young girl. Placing his fingers into her wrist he couldn't find a pulse. Micheal placed his head on her chest hearing the abnormally fast beating of her heart.

"She's gonna have a heart attack with how fast it's going Tom." Micheal said worried.

"I'm almost there she's gotta hold on, she's gotta." He made a sharp turn almost throwing Arthur right out of the seat. "You wanna kill me too Tom, be careful Tommy!" He said holding on for dear life. He turned corners as people screamed and jumped out of Thomas way. He stopped pushing on the brakes right in front of the hospital as he rushed to carry her inside.

"Somebody fucking help!" Arthur yelled as two nurses brought over a gurney as Thomas placed her down as they wheeled her away. Thomas, Arthur and Micheal tried following however another nurse stopped them. "Please wait here."

"What the hell happened?"

"She was fine when I left her room, I heard her called out and found her struggling to breath. It happened before."  Thomas said as he sat onto a bench.

"Before? That ain't normal." Arthur said crossing his arms.

"I know it ain't, but she won't talk about it. It's her business but if it's starts fucking with business...." the two already knew the answer.

"You two can go if you want. I didn't have any plans to attend to." Thomas nodded, Arthur started at the gurneys.

"No Pol wanted you. I'll stay." Arthur said as he took his seat.

Thomas stared at the door and sighed. "I'll come pick you up after." Arthur nodded. Thomas reached into his pocket pulling out the keys as he tossed them to Micheal.

"You drive." The pair when off leaving Arthur to wait. He read, walked in circles and even played cards with a boy who had broken his legs and after 9 dreading hours of trying to subdue the boredom and nurse walked over.

"Miss Carter, she's available for visitors." He nodded as he ruffled the little boy's hair as he followed the nurse. Twists and turns through the hospital they walked into a room with Penny. Her head in her hands and bright sparkles on her hands and eyes. Tears.

"Pen?" She looked up wiping away the tears. "Oh didn't see you there Arthur." A fake smile was slapped onto her face as Arthur sat into the chair next to her.

"What's going on? You were choking on bloody air Pen, if you don't tell us how are we gonna help you?" She sighed. "I'm fucking cursed, is that what you wanna hear Arthur? I'm bloody fucking cursed. I'll be eating with a spoon and next minute I'll be holding a knife that sliced my hand. I'll be out in the cold and then I'll be freezing to death. I'm cursed to see what's not there. Doctors don't understand but I'm cursed."

She said almost in anger, not at Arthur but herself.

"Cursed? What are you taking about Pen?"

"You're a fucking gypsy eh? I was cursed before I came to this world to see pain and see the unseen-able. My mother pissed off a Gypsy and in return she got a fucked up daughter." She said.

"You see things that aren't there?" She nodded. "I feel pain that you can't see." She stared at Arthur's face long and hard. "You think I'm fucking insane don't you."

"A bit." She laughed.

"You get some rest. Tommy will be here to pick you up tomorrow." She sighed. "Oh great another devil I got to deal with." He laughed. "See you in the morning." She nodded and with that Arthur left leaving Penny to herself.

What was she doing? How in the world did her brother think she was capable? She was seeing visions and she was pretending to be something she was not. She was a fragile girl that was very close to losing her mind. She'd have to talk to Alfie tomorrow. She wanted out, she wanted to find help.

She was all alone. No brother, no friends and no Peaky Blinders.

Especially no Thomas Shelby. She had to get out.

♠️

Thomas sat as his table as Arthur walked through the door. He frowned. "Why aren't you at the hospital? Did something happen?" Said in a cold monotone voice but panic was seen in his eyes.

"No she's fine, just sleeping. Doc said to leave her till tomorrow. I have to talk to you Tommy. Pen told me what's going on." A tinge of pain squeezed at Thomas heart but he shrugged it off coldly. "She said her mother pissed off a Gypsy and she's cursed."

"Cursed?" He scoffed. Arthur nodded. "She feels pain we can't see. Said something about a spoon and a knife, I honesty don't fucking remember."

"A spoon?"

"Yes a spoon.." He said squeezing his eyes in annoyance. "So we have a cursed girl? How do we lift said curse." Arthur shrugged. Another sign escaped Thomas lips as he downed a another glass and stood up and slipped on his coat. "Where yah going?"

"Hospital...."

האיש עם עיניים האוקיינוס ​​גוף של זהב היזהרו לב הקרח ש