Chapter 1

Y/N, WICKED is good. WICKED is good... WICKED is good, Y/N...

I sat up, gasping and hitting my head on something in the process.

I felt cold metal pressing against my skin, and I couldn't see anything. Suddenly, a wave of nausea came over me, and I threw up some sort of clear liquid.  It burned the entire way up my throat.

Oh, gosh. I thought. How did I get here?

Then I realized I couldn't remember anything besides the dream I just had. Y/N, something else, I knew there was something else.  What else was there? The memory of it slipped farther and farther away from me, out of my grasp. Y/N. That must be my name.

I tried to stand up, but the movement of the box kept me from even getting on one foot.

"HELP!" I screamed, my coarse voice echoing though the empty box. "HELP! PLEASE! I'M STUCK, HELP!" No answer. 

My fear and panic quickly turned to hopelessness, and I curled up in a ball, my back pressing against the wall. "Someone," I said, pathetically, "Please help."

My thoughts drifted back to my name. It was the only thing I could remember.   "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N." I chanted it to myself so I didn't forget that, too.

The box suddenly stopped, quieting me.

I waited and waited for something to happen, but I sat, alone, in the dark, with nothing to hear except the piercing silence and my ragged breath.

I sat there for what seemed like an eternity before a blinding white light entered the box.

"It's a girl." 

"A girl?"

"The shuck?"

"Is she hot?"

"I call dibs!"

"Shut it slintheads!" Slintheads?

The voice continued as my eyes adjusted to the light. "She's a human, not a toy sent up here by the shuck Creators! Newt, is she okay?"  Shuck?  What's with all of these weird words?

My eyes finally adjusted, and what I saw was unsettling. A group of 50-60 boys towered above me, with one of them down there with me.  He was tall, with fluffy blonde hair.

He began to approach me. Terrified, I scooted backwards towards the far wall.

"Hey, it's okay," he said in a weird accent. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He crouched down, showing his empty palms to me.

"Hey, that's not fair!"  A boy shouted.  "Why should Newt get the first shot at her?"

"SHUT IT!"  A voice yelled back.

I felt panic creeping up on me, because I was unarmed and had run out of space to scoot to.  The air stiffened, and my breaths seemed to come quicker and more forcefully.

"She good, Newt?"

The boy, who I'm guessing is Newt, turned his head back to who I was guessing is the leader.

"We just need to give her some space, Alby. Can't imagine how bloody terrifying this must be. Just clear out everyone, ok? Lemme talk to her."

"Good that," Alby said. "You heard him, clear out. Back to work!" The boys surrounding began to disperse. Newt, however, stayed in the box. He turned back me. "I know this is a bit scary, Love, but I need you to work with me."

I didn't move, let alone answer him.

He sighed as he moved towards the opposite wall, stretching his legs and facing me. "Well, first things first, hello there.  Name's Newt, greenie.  I'm second-in-command here.  Let me start at the beginning.  Do you have a name?" He raised his eyebrows at me expectantly.