Chapter 9

A/N: This is weird to write because I have a boyfriend, but I'm doing it for you guys.
Ps: Most of this will be in Newt's POV again.

Y/N's POV
Gray. All I saw was gray. And it felt as if I was falling.

Suddenly I hit a surface, and everything went black. I stood up and looked around, and there was s glowing screen that had a keypad and six lines.

"We're running out of time," said a feminine voice.

I jumped, startled.

"Use the patterns. You have three days."

Then everything, including the voice and keypad, melted away.

Newt's POV
Everything was sore. My shoulders hurt, and my head was pounding. I sat up, wondering why I was sitting against the doors.

Then it hit me. Y/N was still in the maze.

My chest deflated. There was no way she could've survived. I remembered her scream that echoed off the wall.

There was no hope for her.

I stood up and noticed that a blanket had been placed on my lap. It was my job to be the glade mother, not someone else's.

I tried to cheer myself up. There was nothing else I could do. But, with every shuttering breath I took, tears crowded my vision.

She couldn't be gone. The creators wouldn't send her here with visions to help us get out, just for her to be ripped away, right?

A feeling of hopelessness took over me again. There was no hope for Y/N.
A hand was suddenly placed on my back. Thomas stood there, looking at me with sad eyes.

"I'm sorry Newt," He said.

I took a long glance at him. "No," I said, "I'm sorry, Tommy. I shouldn't have exploded on you. It's no one's fault."

"We're going to look for her today, alright?"

I just nodded, looking at the ground.
He just patted my back. We looked to the doors, which were due to open any minute.

Minho then came running up with Alby.

The both smiled sadly at me. Alby always went out into the maze after someone didn't make it back in time or someone got banished.

We all stood silently, waiting for the doors to open.

The familiar sound of the doors creeping open met my ears.

I glanced through the doors, but they were too closed to be able to see anything. I stared at the growing crack for was seemed like an eternity.

The tensions were high among all of us, but deep down I knew that she wasn't there.

I peered through the doors, and I noticed something irregular against the maze floor.

My heart sped up so fast I could hear it. Was that, no.... it couldn't be.

The doors opened another inch, just enough for me to be able to see it.

Bloody hell, it was Y/N!

Relief and excitement rushing through my veins, I desperately pressed myself against the doors, waiting for them to open just enough to squeeze myself through.

I though I vaguely heard some of them were yelling my name, but all I could focus on was Y/N.

Even through the pure elation, thought kept echoing in the back of my mind. Was she even alive?