Chapter 11

© All Rights Reserved

Dedicated this to SoulMated for writing such addicting werewolf stories

Chapter 11

(Alan’s POV)

    I can already feel the panic rising inside of me, the terror of being pinned down clawing against my skin, trying to break free like a ravenous beast feeding on my fear. My skin felt tight, my breath short in small gasps, sweat breaking out from my skin, throat dry, eyes unseeing. All I can see is the faces of my nightmares holding me down, grinning cruelly with ice cold eyes and painful grips.

    Alan, don’t freak, it’s only your imagination. You’re not in New York anymore, Lucas is in prison behind bars for years to come, and the stranger from the alley way doesn’t know where you are. The others from your old school don’t know where you are. You are safe here, in your hometown.

    What’s the point in trying to convince myself I’m alright when I don’t believe I’m alright? Useless and a waste of my time.

    I felt Chase’s grip loosen on my arms. I pounced at the chance. I quickly rolled as hard as I could, forcing him to let go of my wrists. Just when I was about to spring off the bed, strong arms grabbed hold of my waist and pulled me back, arms pinned once again above me, only instead of being on my back like before, I’m now on my stomach, the worst position I’ve ever been in.

    When I felt a slight pressure on my bottom, I was consumed by flashbacks of all the times I was tortured in this position: branded by Lucas with a hot poker, burned by cigarettes, carved with a knife, raped repeatedly, stomped on by people bigger and heavier than me, and other unmentionable horrible things.

    “Alan?” I felt a slight movement behind me.

    Snap.

    Blinded from the fear, I instinctively attacked, breaking free from the hold to go into a full blown fear induced frenzy. My mind was fuzzy, my eyes not seeing anything but the threat in front of me. Deep inside, I knew it was Chase I was attacking, but I couldn’t stop myself from launching at him, using what self defense Aunt Claire taught me these past few weeks.

    The wind flew out of me when I was punched, hard, in the stomach, knocking me down to my knees in a fit of coughs and pain filled tears.

    “Oh Shit. I’m so sorry. I didn’t think I hit that hard.”

    I felt arms go around my shoulders and waist, lifting me up and gently onto the bed. He left for a few minutes, then came back with an ice pack, pressing it to my stomach. I yelped from the sudden coldness on my heated stomach, relaxing when the pain began to numb.

    “I’m really sorry Alan, but I didn’t know how to stop you. I thought punching you in the stomach would stop you, and it did, but I didn’t think I would punch that hard. When I punch my teammates, they say it hurts, but not that much.” Chase crouched down on his knees, almost eye to eye. I flinched when he lifted his hand to my face, closing my eyes shut and waited for more pain, but it never came.

    I felt something warm lightly touch my cheek, brushing my hair. Curious and wary, I took a small peak. Chase stared at me in wonder and worry, a scratch mark in his left cheek bleeding. My widened in horror. How could I have done that? How could I have hurt Chase when I know he didn’t do anything wrong?

    With shaky hands, I lightly placed my fingers on his cheek, jumping when I felt an electrical spark jolt all over my body from that slight contact. I quickly pulled my hand back. I blushed when he gave me a confused look. “Umm, sorry about your cheek.” I mumbled, avoiding his eyes.

    Chase shrugged as if it was nothing, then smiled. “Never thought I would be owned by you. You can really fight when you need to.”

    I smiled at that. Thank you Aunt Claire and your weird obsession of martial arts comics. Yeah, you heard me. She read one Japanese comic about martial arts and became obsessed with learning. When she wasn’t at work or taking a vacation, she would be competing in competitions. You can see the trophies and ribbons mounted in her room. I bet you’re surprised that Aunt Claire, a goofy, childish woman won first place as the National Muay Thai Champion in America.

    I just realized something. I’m not wearing my glasses. Oh gosh, he could see my face, my ugly face.

    Chase must’ve known what I was going through my head. He took hold of my face with both of his hands, preventing me from pulling away from his smothering gaze. I blushed from embarrassment, letting him see how ugly I am, ashamed that he was tolerating it, and sad, wishing I was at least decent looking so I could at least not be an embarrassment when I am seen right next to him, not that I would be next to him. I know that him being seen with me would be social suicide, especially with what happened today at school. I am now declared as the school’s freak, and I’m making assumptions, I know from experience.

    “Alan, buddy? You zoned out again.” Chase chuckled, bringing me back to reality.

    I blinked, then jumped, realizing how close Chase is. I can feel his breath against my lips, the warm sensation causing to shiver, but in a surprisingly good way and not the bad, fear induced way that I’m usually associated with. The smell of mint and some type of really intoxicating cologne filled my nose, my toes curling from the pleasure I got from that scent. Never in my life had I felt this sensation before, a foreign feeling.

    Chase slowly moved closer to me, decreasing what little space that separated us. My heart went into a beating frenzy, my mind blank. I couldn’t move, my body’s not listening to me. Why does it have to disobey me at this time, when I need it to the most? Stupid body.

    Our lips were only a centimeter apart. Different emotions flowed into my body; fear, wariness, guilt, confusion, embarrassment, and… happiness, but that faded away when a picture of Chase and that bimbo slut from the bathroom flashed before my eyes. Now all I felt was anger, disgust, hurt, and sorrow.

    With both of my hands, I pushed him away, already missing the warmth that Chase radiated. I felt cold and hollow from the lack of contact, but the images of Chase with HER brought warmth into me, just one made from anger instead of kindness. He would never be with me, only with people like that bimbo slut.

    Chase stared at me, confused. I tried to stand up, but the pain where he punched me sucked up my energy, the pain intense. I groaned, clutching the ice pack to my stomach harder, hoping it would numb it down again.

    “Let me see.” Chase got up and reached for my shirt.

    I scooted away from him, cringing from the pain. No way will I show him my stomach. If I did, he would see my scars and misshapen body. He already saw my ugly mug, he doesn’t need to see the malformed scratch post I call my torso. I don’t want to show him more things he could be disgusted about me.

    That almost kiss was probably some stupid pity thing to lift my spirits up. Yeah, that’s it. He wouldn’t be attracted to me at all. The only thing he has for me is pity like a mangled dog found on the street. I’m just a scared puppy to him.

    Oh great, now I’m getting depressed from my words, but it has to be true. Being with me will be a nuisance for him and I just want some peace and quiet, to finish high school without any incident, but that’s now impossible. Why can’t life be as easy as pokemon? You find pokemon, train, battle random people, defeat gyms, defeat the elite four, and become the strongest trainer. Simple.

    Chase made another grab for my shirt. I dodged, clutching my shirt and shaking my head. He gave me an annoyed glare before coming after me. I made a scramble in the opposite direction, avoiding his hands. If I wasn’t careful, I would caught again and he would see my scars. That won’t happen. Not on my watch.

    I rolled off the bed, landing on the balls of my feet before using all of my leg strength, concentrating for the right time to move. Chase positioned himself before lunging himself towards me.

    I waited at the last second, remembering all of the survival techniques I was forced to learn by myself in order to decrease the amount of pain and suffering from Lucas and his cronies, before going at full speed towards the door. I heard Chase fall onto the floor, the thump shaking the floor. From the force of the vibrations, I would say he went down hard.

    I yanked the door open, and ran down the hallway, not caring where I was going as long as Chase couldn’t catch me. I heard him pursue me, his footsteps echoing in the halls while mine was light, a thing I learned when I ran in the forest. Chase’s footsteps began to quickly fade, a relief.

    Now that I lost Chase, I should access my surroundings. Okay, I’m in a big hall, that’s obvious. There’s a lot of doors on both sides of the hall, each of them having the same design, color, and size. Great. I sighed. Okay, so I should check these rooms to see if I can find out where I am or if any of these are an exit. I mean, a mansion should have more than one exit right?

    I went to the first door, not even bothering what would be in there and slammed it open. Nope, just a bedroom and from what I can tell, a guest room. I went to the second door, another guestroom. Twelve doors later, nothing. I searched all the rooms in this hallway, might as well go back and see of there are any stairs around here. From what I can tell, I’m on the second floor.

    Starting from where I last started, I continued my search, finding some interesting rooms with interesting things along the way. Man, how big is this place? I guess you can say I’m lost. Yup lost, but not giving up. I will escape.

    I found someone in one of the rooms. Eureka, but I hate talking to strangers. Oh gosh, how to do this? A light bulb lit up in my head. I remember seeing a notepad and a pen in the twenty sixth room. I quickly made my way back to the room ,snatched the notepad and pen from the desk, hoping the person hasn’t left yet. I ran back, relieved when the person was still here.

    I knocked on the door and waited for her to notice me. She looked up from dusting a desk, feather duster in her hands. She looks Hispanic, but I’m not really sure. She wore maid attire complete with the frilly apron dress and black shoes.

    “Hello, may I help you?” She asked politely.

    “Do you know where the exit is?” I scribbled on the notepad before showing her, ducking my head down so she can’t see my face.

    “Yes I do. Would you like me to show you the way?” She smiled at me, putting the feather duster into one of the slots on her apron.

    I nodded, happy that I can finally get out of this place. If I ever lived here, I would go insane from the amount of rooms here. Yeesh. Does a person really need this many rooms?

    The maid gestured me to follow her and I did. Every few minutes, she would stare at me, making me uncomfortable. What? Did she see my face or something?

    “Umm, sir. I know it is rude of me to ask you directly, but why are you not wearing any footwear?” She asked me nervously, probably thinking that asking me this will get her in trouble.

    I looked down at my feet and saw that I really wasn’t wearing shoes. Where did they go? I remember wearing them to school. Did someone take them while I was in the bathroom or did Chase have something to do with this. Now that I think about it, where’s my bag and my poke ball? That poke ball is important to me, the thing that kept me from not offing myself from the very beginning.

    I tapped the maid’s shoulder with the pen. She stopped and waited for me to finish writing on the notepad. “Can you show me Chase’s room first? I think I forgot something.” I wrote on the notepad, showing it to her.

    “Oh, Master Chase. Yes, I will show you the way, then show you the exit.”

    I nodded, nervous now that I’m going back to Chase’s room, but I know that my poke ball is in there somewhere, along with my shoes. I don’t know about my bag, but it doesn’t really matter since there’s nothing important in it. Screw homework, I can say that my bag was stolen or something along the lines.

    We arrived at Chase’s room, the maid saying she would wait in the hallway for me to finish. Taking a deep breath, I cautiously opened the door, searching the room for any signs of him. I sighed in relief, he’s not here. With a bit more confidence, I did a thorough search of his room, hugging the poke ball I found buried under the many pillows.

    I kissed the smooth metal top before opening it, starting the simple tune. A picture of my mom and dad was framed there with me, seven years old, hugging them both, a huge smile on my face. I placed a finger on the picture. We have the same face and we’re the same person, but I’m not the same. This is the past me, the one I can never be again.

    Okay, no time to be mourning, must find my shoes and get out of here. I went for the closet, and blinked. Wow, there’s a lot of clothes and the closet’s the size of my room, but no sign of my shoes. I closed it, shaking my head at the amount of money he had to spend for all those clothes, especially the designer ones I saw, and went for the other obvious places my shoes could’ve gone.

    Ah ha, I crouched on the floor and found my shoes under his bed. Before I made a grab for it, I felt a presence from behind. Too late to react, arms grabbed my waist, dragging me away from my shoes. I clawed at the carpet, trying to get a grip, but it kept slipping away.

    I was about to scream my head off, hoping the maid would hear me, but a hand slammed over my mouth, turning my scream into a muffled cry. That was when I got the scent of mint and cologne.

    “Found you Alan.” His lips were right by my ear, his breath warming the sensitive shell.

    By instinct, I took a deep breath, then with all my strength, used my elbow and rammed it back. Too bad I missed.

    Chase quickly adjusted his hold on me, trapping my right arm with his, slamming his hand back onto my mouth before I had the chance to scream again, his left arm trapping mine, the tips of his fingers right by the edge of my shirt.

    Oh no, he’ll see it, my scars. I can’t, won’t let that happen. I don’t want anyone to find my secrets, ones I would die before letting anyone know.

    I hooked both of my legs behind Chase’s legs, and with a hard pull, knocked him off his feet. I used this when I was being held by one of Lucas’ goons to become a punching bag. It just suddenly popped into my head so I hooked my legs behind his and used all of my body strength to pull forward, causing him to fall. I made my escape that day with only a few bruises, which means it turned out to be a ‘good’ day.

    Chase grunted, loosening his hold. I rolled off him, quickly snatching my sneakers from under the bed. Keeping my eyes on him, I made my way towards the door and bumped into someone, knocking me off my feet.

    “Excuse me sir, I’ve brought your bags. Where would you like me to place them?” A man dressed as a butler with fiery red hair tied back into a ponytail stood straight and without emotion, as if I never bumped into him in the first pace.

    The butler had my bag in his hand. Lucky me, now I have everything I need. I snatched the bag from his hands and made my escape. I grabbed hold of the maid’s gloved hand, although I felt gross touching a stranger, I just have to endure.

    “Show me how to get out of here.”

    She gave me a shocked look before nodding her head, telling me where to turn.

(Chase’s POV)

    “Are you alright sir?”

    I opened my eyes to see Leon, my personal butler, standing by my head. He held out a hand and I took it, letting him haul me to my feet. My muscles bitched at me for abusing them. I mentally bitched back.

    God that was a disaster. I tried to be nice, but when someone says I can’t have something, it ticks me off. I always get what I want, when I want. When Alan refused to tell he what’s wrong and when he was desperate not to let me look at his stomach, I got irritated and it peaked my interest. Of course, I acted like an idiot by pinning him, grabbing for his shirt, chasing him around my house, and scaring him away. What is wrong with me?

    I lifted my hand, still tingling from the contact with Alan. It felt good to feel Alan against my body, his heat mingling with mine. I loved it when he was in my room, it felt right, him being here.

    That confused me to no end. Where did that come from? I never felt that way before. I always think of people as tools, lackeys, or sex outlets, but there are some exceptions.

    I waved Leon away. He bowed and left, closing the door after him. Leon’s the best, one of the exceptions. He never complains, always gives me good advice, and does everything I ask, but does it better than expected. I asked him if he wanted a raise, but he refused saying ‘I’m satisfied with the amount you are originally paying me. Obtaining more would make me greedy.’ What a guy.

    My thoughts strayed back to Alan. There’s so much mystery surrounding him. He never really talks, hates it when people touch him, shies away from attention, and always has his head down. Why would he hide that gorgeous face, those beautiful eyes that remind me of a sunny day, that cute nose that scrunches up in disgust, and his sinful, plump lips in a light shade of pink?

    I have to say, he can’t hide that sweet ass of his in those jeans. The rough fabric clung onto his skin, molding the soft flesh in a way that made me think of a present, and I want to peal off the wrapping.

    Now that I think about it, I wouldn’t say he’s short, more petite. He has a slim body, but from what I felt as his body pressed against mine, he’s not scrawny, but soft and just huggable. He’s also surprisingly strong, well the lower half of him is. With the amount of strength he used to knock me off my feet in that position, I’m not surprised. He’s the fastest runner I’ve seen, topping the school’s number one track runner.

    And that guy is definitely a bottom, if you know what I mean.

    Back to Alan. He has serious problems, ones that I can tell came from traumatic incidents of some sort or something that effected him tremendously. The other thing is, he’s vaguely familiar. I know I met him yesterday, but something’s nagging me in the far corner of my head, whispering to me that I’ve met him before that and that’s crazy.

    Whatever, time to go catch some sleep, someone kept me ‘up’ all night, if you’re a guy, you’ll understand.

    I hopped into bed, and folded my arms behind my head. I slowly closed my eyes and relaxed, concentrating on other things to empty out my mind; the birds chirping, the soft whoosh of a gentle breeze, the guard dogs barking…..

    I made a run for the door. Oh shit, I forgot about the hounds.

    “ALAN!!”

Yah, so this chapter's a bit random. I'm improvising for a bit until i get this story on track.

Don't kill meh. :)

I'll input some songs in my story laterz. Still trying to figure out each song i want to use....

I'll be busy some morez or just lazy so wait for the updates and help me promote this story. I appreciate it sooo much if you do. <3

Hugs, punches, and naughty stuff,

Eni