Chapter 45

This story is almost ending. Can you believe it? And don't worry, i'll end it was a bang.

© All Rights Reserved

Chapter 45

(Chase’s POV)

    We all headed out to our cars, loaded with weapons and gear. There’s no guarantee of getting seriously injured, but no one can be too careful. Besides, my gut is telling me that something bad is going to happen. I won’t ignore it, which is why I have the 9mm gun in my pocket, locked and loaded. Don’t get me wrong. I know how to shoot a gun. Cal’s dad, who was a cop, taught the two of us how. Too bad he passed away. He’s a great guy, unlike mine.

    I hate my dad. I hate him for cheating on mom with some dumb bitch gold digger. He was the reason why mom committed suicide, leaving me with that man. He doesn’t deserve to be called my father, after pushing mom off the edge of insanity, then leaving me all alone in this mansion with servants and maids to take care of me. Leon is more of a father than mine ever would, and he’s only in his early twenties.

    That shitty old man’s out probably fucking some dumb whore who’s only interested in his money, not his looks or icy cold personality. Heck, I’m happy that he never really comes home. And when he does, he ignores me like I’m not even there, and that’s fine because I do the same to him. Why talk to a person who’s already dead to me?

    Enough about my family, it’s time to save Alan. Who knows what’s been done to him? What fucked up things he’s endured after being there for four days? When I get there, I’m going to beat the hell out of James and Lucas, turning both of their faces into mashed up pulps of blood and bone bits. Or their entire bodies. Why be merciful when they decided to take the most precious thing in my life?

    Everyone decided to carpool to lessen to number of cars and it’s easier to maneuver through a dark forest without so many cars. Instead, we picked out Zack’s Jeep Wrangler and his friend’s Hummer H3 SUV, since it’s big enough to fit all of us and it’s built for heavy terrain, perfect for the uneven dips and bumps in wood areas.

    We split up the seating charts. Cal, Drake, Zack’s friend Neil and I took up Zack’s car, him being the obvious driver. The Hummer seated Melissa, Aunt Claire and three of Zack’s friends. We made sure we had everything before we drove out into the night.

    The town’s quiet, all of the inhabitants in their homes, safe and sound. It’s dark, the street lights stretched at far too long a distance to even fight off the darkness of the night. Only the full moon gave us a bit of light as we headed towards the woods. One of Zack’s friends scouted the outer area of the woods and discovered some tire tracks that belonged to James’s car. I have no idea how he remembered James’s tire brand, but I’m happy that he did.

    Zack took up the lead, the Hummer right behind us. We figured out the possible places where Alan might be and decided upon an abandoned Hunting cabin that hasn’t been used in decades. The local hikers who go through the woods hundreds of times told us about it. Well, only one out of the twenty we asked knew about the cabin. It’s the perfect place to hide a person. No one goes near it because it’s so old and run down, and it’s isolated enough so if there were any screams, no one would hear about it.

    If I thought the town was dark, the woods was seeping darkness, almost pitch black if not for the moon, which shined in as much holes from the tress as it possibly could, giving us a tiny bit of insight as to where we are going. We decided to drive until we stopped at least fifty yards from the cabin, so it was safe enough for us to drive with our lights on until our designated stop zone.

    When we finally arrived, everyone was silent, but keyed up and ready for action. I pulled the gun from my pocket and waited for further instructions. Zack’s the one in charge, not me. I can swallow my pride if it meant Alan’s safety. Nothing is more important than Alan.

    Everyone got out of the cars, holding out our weapons and flashlights. Zack stood in front of the team, showing himself as the leader. “We will all walk from here. Team one (Zack, Neil, Drake, Cal, and I) will go ahead and find any openings in the cabin. Team two (Leo, the twins Tate and Nate, Melissa and Aunt Claire, along with Smores), you’ll follow behind us and back us up. I need you to surround the place, weapons ready, but do not attack until necessary. Everyone clear?”

    Everyone murmured and nodded ‘yes’.

    Zack nodded and took out his gun and a flashlight, lining the flashlight with the gun to scope out the woods and shoot when necessary. “Let’s move people.”

    Everyone marched on, trying to maneuver in the woods as quickly and quietly as possible. After running around in the darkness for a while, the sounds of wild animals skittering around us, we finally saw something glowing in the distance. A light. And it’s coming from a small building.

    We found the cabin!

    Zack waved his hand and signaled our team to head over to the door, while the others go search for any more ways to break in. We crouched, sneaking up towards the cabin, watching out for anything that would alert the people inside. We don’t know how many people are inside, but all I know is, Lucas, James and Alan are in there. And I will be there when everything turns to shit or when turns out perfectly, with Alan in my arms, and James and Lucas full of bullets.

    As we got closer to the hunting cabin, I could see what the hikers meant by run down and old. The wood’s rotted and full of vines and moss, the door’s beaten and full of scratches. It’s the perfect example of an abandoned cabin. All different kinds of plants grew all around the wooden walls. The rooftop looked pretty beaten up, but seemed solid still.

    Zack tried the knob of the door and found it locked. He took out a hairpin and a paper clip, then jiggled with the lock for a few seconds before the soft click of the lock was heard. He slowly opened the door, being careful not to let the hinges squeak, then headed inside. The rest of us followed stealthily after.

    Zack held his gun out, all flashlights out. He waved his gun around, cocking it at every corner, and checking the rooms. As we got further into the cabin, soft murmuring sounds, like people talking from a distance were heard. As we got closer to the source, we suddenly heard someone shout.

    “No. NO!”

    We all froze from the voice, Alan’s voice. We made it to the entrance of the room and burst in, guns unlocked and ready to fire.

    “Freeze. Don’t move or I’ll shoot.” Zack ordered, his finger on the trigger.

    Right when I stepped into the room and saw the entire scene, I froze in shock and horror. Alan, naked and limp, was cuffed to a rusty iron bar-framed bed, his body only pasty skin and bones, riddled with kiss marks. His eyes were even more dead then when I broke his heart. There wasn’t a single light in his eyes, and the blue darkened until it looked close to black. He was lying on his stomach with James hovering over him with a red-hot branding iron in the shape of a ‘J’. Lucas, who I remembered seeing from the article about Alan, was right by Alan, caressing his body in a perverted, sick way that made me want to snap his fingers back.

    James and Lucas turned, James still holding onto the branding iron. Alan watched us with dark, wide, tear-stained eyes. The relief in his eyes, the tiny spark of hope, gave me the boost of confidence as I lifted the gun and placed my hand on the trigger, aiming it at James while Zack had his gun towards Lucas.

    Neil stepped forward and went over to James and Lucas, knocking the branding iron out of James’s hand. Lucas lunged and attacked Neil, but he was quick on his feet and dodged, then swung his arm and punched Lucas in the face, sending him flying towards the wall. James looked about ready to attack, but Zack caught him before he could do anything. He brought his leg out and in one good roundhouse kick, James was on the floor. Lucas on the other hand, got back up and got a knife out, charging at me. I had my gun ready, aimed, and fired. The loud bang of the gun echoed inside of the cabin and outside, where birds and critters scattered away from the sound.

    Lucas fell onto the floor, clutching his side. It wasn’t fatal or anything, just a scratch, but blood quickly stained his shirt, the red blooming on the cotton. Lucas clutched onto his side, groaning as he fell onto the floor.

    Once the shock of actually shooting a person was gone, I quickly went over to Alan and freed him from his binds. While I was trying to take off his cuffs, he turned his head away towards the window, his eyes shut as if he’s in pain.

    “Oh my god. Alan, are you okay?” I asked, panicking as I searched his body up and down for any signs of injury.

    Alan didn’t say anything, but when I was about to touch him, his eyes widened in fear. “Don’t touch me!” he cried in a course, hysterical voice. “No! Go away!”

    I took my hands back from his sudden burst. Zack, on the other hand, grabbed a blanket and wrapped Alan up, ignoring his cries of releasing him. He grabbed the screaming bundle and held him to his chest, rocking him back and forth. “Calm down. You’re alright now.”

    Alan’s sobs filled up the silent cabin. “I’m not alright. I’ll never be alright.”

    His words tore at me, and from the look of it, it tore the rest of us too. His voice was so defeated, deflated of any hope. It really hurt to see him like this, knowing that we were already too late on getting him before he broke. We were too late to prevent the damage from being done.

    James was out for the count, and lying on the floor. Lucas was bleeding, groaning in pain. Neil, and Cal went ahead to tell the others that everything’s secure. Drake and I stood on Zack’s sides, watching the tiny curled up ball of cloth that is Alan cry his heart out.

    Oh Alan…

(Alan’s POV)

    The branding iron was only a few centimeters away from burning the soft skin of my shoulder, opposite side to Lucas’s ‘L’. I closed my eyes and waited for the inevitable, for the searing pain and smell of burning flesh, my flesh. All hope was lost, and I knew that if I ever get free, I’ll live just enough for me to kill myself. I can feel the heat of the hot metal warming my back. I clenched my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for it all to be over with.

    That was when I heard the most beautiful sound in the world. Of a gun clicking and the booming, authoritive voice of Zack, along with other loud footsteps as people came in. I opened my eyes, filled with a relief that I won’t be branded and that I can finally escape this hell as I watched more familiar people come in from the entrance.

    “Freeze, don’t move or I’ll shoot.” Zack ordered, a gun in his hand, aiming at James.

    Chase, Drake, Cal and Neil came into view. I was so surprised, but was even more shocked to see Chase holding out a gun, aiming it at Lucas. It looks like he’s comfortable holding a gun. When did he learn how to use one? Drake had his hand in his pocket and I can already tell that he’s holding something dangerous in there, as well as Cal, who’s fiddling with a knife.

    James and Lucas turned around, and I felt even more relieved now that the branding iron’s not hovering over my shoulder, but I just realized that I was naked, exposed. Everyone can see all of the kiss marks, the bruises, all of the marks made when the two violated and drugged me. I felt like barfing because all of my loved ones can see how dirty I am, can tell what has happened to me. That’s it. I can’t live in this place anymore.

    Neil came over and knocked the branding iron out of James’s hand. That snapped Lucas into attacking him, his fist up and flying towards Neil, but Neil was trained for combat. He dodged the fist with ease, then sent his fist launching towards him, his fist connecting with Lucas’s face with a sickening crunch. Lucas, who was the epitome of my fear, flew into the air and crashed onto the wall like some stuffed doll.

    James leaped in to help out his buddy, but was knocked down by Zack, who landed a good blow on him. He dropped to the floor instantly. Now Lucas, on the other hand was in prison, so he hardened over the time he was stuck in his cell. He got back onto his feet, his hand reaching into his pocket and brought out a switchblade. He charged for Chase, who was the closest one to him.

    Chase, aimed his gun and shot at Lucas, the bang scaring off the animals living in the forest. I can hear them scurrying away, flapping their wings into the sky to get away from the frightening noise. I would too, but my body won’t respond to my commands. Damn Lucas for giving me that rigged oatmeal. I knew it was too good to be true when he made me food. When the hell did Lucas ever cook?

    Lucas fell to the floor, clutching the side of his chest. Blood seeped out from the would, the blood blooming like a flower, spreading it’s petals out on his shirt, but it was slow to form, meaning it was only a graze, so nothing fatal.

    I wish it was fatal.

    I wish he would die. I wish both James and Lucas would die.

    As the two bastards were on the ground in pain, I knew that everyone would come towards me and see every little speck of my body and it made me want to barf because they would know what has been done to me. They would know and I can’t even begin to describe how dirty I feel. How I’ll never feel clean ever again.

    And the worst part is, I don’t even know if what Lucas and James did was rape. I didn’t really protest and I let them do me for days. The worst part was when Lucas fed me that oatmeal. I didn’t really fight, and I did wrap myself around him as he fucked me on that table. I enjoyed it and I felt like crap. Was it the drugs? Or am I just a slut that would let anyone fuck me?

    I turned my head in shame as Chase undid my binds. I didn’t want anyone to look me in the eye, to see how sick I felt because of my body, because of myself alone. Now everyone can see my shame, can see what a whore, a slutty piece of shit I am.

    “Oh my god. Alan, are you okay?” Chase asked, his tone worried.

    I didn’t answer him. I was too disgusted of myself to say anything.

    As I felt the sudden feeling of someone about to touch me, I freaked out, went onto full panick mode. The memories of James and Lucas touching me, kissing me, biting me all over in my drugged-induced state, brought me plunging off the edge of sanity. “Don’t touch me!” I cried in a course, hysterical voice. “No! Go away!”

    Chase jumped away from me from my sudden outburst. I didn’t want anyone touching me. Anyone. Even Chase, who I can now forgive for all that he’s done to me, does not deserve to get his hands dirtied from touching me. Just the thought of his hands on me made me want to barf out what little I have in my stomach, which is only the oatmeal and water. No, Chase was right in doing what he did. My naiveté of trusting others has brought me all of this suffering, this pain.

    I can hear the others suck in their breath in horror as they can see the full extent of my misery. The scars I’ve been hiding for years are now shown in full view for everyone to see, the scratches, bruises and other marks given to me. That’s not all. They can see the ‘L’ shaped brand Lucas gave to me, how they would glance at the branding iron with a ‘J’ and be shocked by what would have happened to me if they were too late.

    A blanket covered me and I felt someone’s hand touch my skin. I screamed and tried to get away, but he wouldn’t let me. I was lifted, now cocooned in the blanket, covered from head to toe. I looked up to see Zack was the one carrying me, rocking me back and forth as I screeched at him to let me go, to put me down and leave me here to rot, but he kept rocking me back and forth.

    “Calm down. You’re alright now,” Zack told me softly.

    I didn’t believe his lie because I knew without a doubt that I won’t be alright. I might be able to numb myself to move on with my life, but I will never be the same. All the things that has happened to me, will scar me forever. Will I heal from this ordeal, or will I crumble and give up on life?

    Tears fell down my cheeks and I couldn’t stop the sobs that wrenched from my throat. “I’m not alright. I’ll never be alright.” And that’s the truth.

    Zack tightened his arms around me, hugging me closer to his warmth, but I was forever cold. The warmth could not heal the cold darkness that seeped into my pores, could not wash away the filth that tainted my soul, could not mend the will that was broken these past few days.

    Zack brought me out of the hellish cabin, and into the cool darkness of the woods. The fresh scent of earth, pine and the wild calmed me somewhat. It’s familiar and something I always associated with when I needed to run away from the nightmare I call life.

    I can hear more people rushing towards me, coming closer as the rustling and crunching of leaves and dirt grew louder. I burrowed myself more into the blanket, trying to hide myself in the wool cocoon to protect myself from the judgment in their eyes. I feared what they all thought of me now. Would they shun me? Leave me?

    “Leo, call the authorities and tell them we found Alan. Tate, Nate, run back to the cars and bring them here. Neil, call an ambulance. We need someone to check on Alan. He’s been drugged,” Zack ordered.

    I buried myself further into the blankets when Zack told them about me being drugged. I can feel Zack sitting on something, me still in his arms. Just when I think I was hidden far into the blankets for anyone to find me, Zack digs me out and holds me chin.

    I flinched from his touch and struggled to get away from his grasp. “No!”

    Zack’s hold was firm as he stared at my tear-stained face. His expression softened as he let me go. “I’m sorry I didn’t get here sooner.”

    Aunt Claire suddenly pounced on me, hugging me towards her chest as she sobbed. Melissa joined in, the two of them blubbering things I couldn’t understand since they were crying so hard. I can feel the warmth of all three people seeping into the wool blanket. Even though I was forever unfixable, at least this tiny bit of warmth is with me now.

    I felt a slight vibrations underneath me, scaring me. Zack lifted me off of him, putting me down on the rock he was sitting on while he walked away and answered his phone. Melissa and Aunt Claire surrounded me, telling me how happy they are for finding me, how much they were worried about me, how they loved me. I soaked in their comments, and even though I knew it was all lies once when they found out what has happened to me, I’ll take whatever I can get before I’m kicked out of that warmth.

    I took a small chance a glanced around, spotting Drake a foot away from my little group, When our eyes locked, he came closer and crouched down, his hand on my shoulder. I tore my gaze away to see Chase and Cal on the other side, talking and from the look of things, it’s a heated conversation. Zack was  no where in sight.

    A slight noise caught my attention and I turned towards the noise. It’s a faint sound, nothing threatening, but still, my instincts pushed me to look in the direction it came from. I couldn’t stop what was happening, was too late to do anything to prevent the devastation.

    “No!!!!” I screamed.

Eni goes into a gun store dressed like a Viking, especially with the cone-shaped bra: Hi there!

Guy working at counter: Uhhhh....

Eni: What?

Guy: Nothing. How may i help you?

Eni: I would like to buy some guns.

Guy: Sure thing. Waht would you like?

Eni: I want everything on the wall.

Guy: And what are you going to do with those?

Eni rolls eyes: To play Yu-Gi-Oh. Duh!

Guy: Whaaaaaaa?

As you read in the beginning, it is almost the end of this story. A few chapters left until it's goodbye for Alan, Chase, Cal, Melissa, Aunt Claire, Drake and the rest of the people.

So Vote, Comment, and Read <3