Chapter 34

© All Rights Reserved

Dedicating this chapter to racingheart for finally coming back to wattpad after so long. :)

Chapter 34

(Alan’s POV)

    Is this some type of joke or is it another nightmarish hallucination and I’m at home, asleep in my bed? My eyes are glued to the source of my first love, my heart shattering into a million, unfixable tiny pieces, only to fall on the floor beneath my feet. Who would have known that having a few broken ribs would be more preferable than this horror?

    My heart stopped beating, lungs refusing to take in oxygen. I couldn’t move from my spot, no matter how much I wanted to leave. My body stood frozen my the entrance of Chase’s room, eyes glued to the scene in front of me.

    The room was lit, so there was no chance of me not seeing what was happening. Chase was on the bed, his upper body naked. His jeans were lose on his waist, lowered so his butt flashed every now and then as he pumped into the girl underneath him. The sounds and moans of their fucking echoed throughout the room. I felt my heart chip apart from every sound, every movement, every second I stood here and let the bullets of Chase’s actions cover me in holes, leaking out my insides until I turned into an empty husk of myself.

    Chase groaned as he climaxed, the girl beneath him screaming out hers. Chase rolled off of her, a smirk on his lips as his eyes landed on me. “Sneaking peeks now are we Alan?”

    The girl, I think is Amanda, kissed Chase on the lips, wrapping her arms around his neck. She sneered at me, a look of satisfaction on her face. “Aww, did the poor little nerd really think that someone like Chase would actually love him?” She laughed. “You are such a stupid little shit.”

    Chase laughed with her, the sound deafening and painful. My world shattered, every little touch we shared, every kiss, all of the confidence and strength Chase helped me muster throughout the time we were together, all disappeared. I felt numb, empty, a shell of my outer core the only thing present.

    Tears of pain, agony, and despair flowed down my cheeks. “Why?” I whispered.

    Chase squeezed Amanda’s breast, causing her to moan. “My team and I made a bet to see if I could make you fall in love for me. I won that bet now didn’t I?” He licked his lips, staring at me up and down. “I have to admit, it took a lot longer for us to have sex than I thought. With your disgusting body, it’s a miracle I didn’t barf every time we fucked.”

    My arms fell limp against my sides. Numbness surrounded me, all signs of emotion gone. Those words shut off all emotions for me. Everything happy, everything kind, gone. All of it leaked out of me, bled out from the holes of my shattered heart.

    Chase waved his hand at me, shooing me away. “If you don’t mind shutting the door, I would like to continue fucking.” His kissed Amanda, pushing her down.

    Forcing myself to move, I stepped out and shut the door, closing away the one who finally broke me completely. Fate, why do you hate me so much? What did I do to deserve this punishment?

    I didn’t even know I was moving until I bumped into someone in the hallway. Numb and not caring, I kept going, not even bothering to apologize.

    A hand gripped my wrist. The sudden lash of disgust and pain caused me to yanked my hand back violently. My arm felt like it was coated in filth, in everything that is disgusting covering that one contact. Shocked, I stared at my arm. Never before had any touch felt this horrible. I shivered and backed away as I saw the hand come back towards.

    “Alan?” asked a familiar voice, the tone soothing and calm, as if he was talking to a terrified animal backed up in a corner. I guess you can say I am in a sense.

    The mystery guy was about to say something when he paused and turned, his eyes staring at something. “Let’s go someplace more quiet and alone.”

    I flinched away when his hand was close to touching me. He pulled it back and sighed. He lifted his hand and motioned for me to follow. I did, shuffling my feet as I went.

    Someone brushed against my shoulder. I shuddered violently, my hand clawing at the spot. I felt like retching from the one small contact. My body couldn’t stop revolting. What is happening to me?

    We walked out of the mansion, the loud noise of the party still going strong drifting behind me as I breathed in some much needed fresh air. But no matter how much I breathe, it doesn’t matter. My happy life was all just an illusion, someone’s sick entertainment. If I think about it, coming back here to my hometown was the stupidest mistake of my entire life.

    We reached a black car. I didn’t bother to care about the model. I just knew it’s a car. The door opened and I numbly slid inside, the door slamming shut once I settled in. The driver’s side opened. A blast of cool air jostled some of the items in the car, but it stopped when the door closed. The engine revved, and we went off to who knows where. I didn’t care as long as I was away from here.

    I took out my phone and flipped it open. A picture of Chase and I, smiling happily shone. I couldn’t feel anything but emptiness. That worried me. What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I feel anything anymore? The only thing that thee picture did was give me flashbacks of Chase fucking Amanda on his bed. Quickly, I broke my cell phone in half, then threw it out the window. I couldn’t trust anyone. What If they were doing the same as Chase? What if they were only pretending, only to stab me in the back in the end?

    “Do you want to talk about it?” Mystery guy asked.

    I shook my head and rested against the seat, staring out the window, but not seeing anything. The only person I could trust is Aunt Claire and Sasha. The rest, I have no idea who’s playing me a fool or genuinely concerned for my well being. There’s nothing for me here, but Aunt Claire. She’s the only thing anchoring me to this world. The empty void that replaced my heart continued to consume my emotions until I could barely feel anything inside of me.

    “I guess I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Drake Granger.”

    When I didn’t respond, he continued. “My father was an associate of your father. The time that we met, it was around seven years ago in Chicago. I was tagging along with my dad at work, not wanting to stay at home all by myself. Your dad met up with mine at the Sutton Place Hotel. That was when I met you. You were with your mother, dazzled by the hotel and your surroundings.”

    As he spoke, a blurred memory reeled in my mind. It’s the first time I ever went to Chicago and I was completely excited, gawking at the tall buildings and the huge crowds of people, the stores, and just about everything. Can you really blame me? I lived in a small town where the biggest building there would be a small hotel about four stories high.

    Drake continued on, turning the car. “I heard about you and thought you were pretty cool, but when I first laid my eyes on you, the first thing that came up to me was how short you were. But when I saw your face, I had doubts that you were a boy.” He chuckled. “I didn’t want to play with you since my first impression of you was a scrawny girly boy so I completely avoided you. Instead I went exploring in the hotels while your father and mine talked about business. I don’t know how, but somehow I landed myself at the lobby where some lady had a bunch of dogs. They were huge and had pink bow ties on them. I shouldn’t have done what I did, but I laughed and threw an orange at one of them when the owner was away.

    Drake sighed and shook his head in shame. “The dogs all turned to me, baring their fangs at me. I was scared out of my mind as they stalked towards me, ready to rip my body to pieces. I couldn’t move at all. Right when one of them pounced, you came out of no where and shielded me. ‘No. Don’t hurt him,’ you said in a high voice. The dogs all stopped growling and came up to you. I thought you were going to be killed, but instead they all licked at you and was really friendly, wagging their tails like you are a very good friend.”

    “It was amazing to see. One minute I was going to be bitten to death, then you come swooping in like a hero and tamed those dogs who looked like they could swallow you in one gulp. Right when the owner came, you turned to me and held out a hand, smiling warmly at me asked me if I was alright.” He turned to me and smiled as I blinked at him in shock. “You saved me that day and I never had the chance to thank you. You left right after that and I never saw you again, until now.”

    Now I remember. I was bored too and decided to wander around, check out the pretty pictures painted in the lobby again. Mom was out doing who know what. Sometimes she comes back with weird things. I remember she back with a statue of a giant fat man surrounded my tiny little Asian children. She said it’s a Chinese fertility statue and she bought it for one of her friends who has trouble getting kids. I hopped into the elevator, greeting people as the came and went, then proceeded to the lobby when I heard animalistic growls. Worried, I ran over to see a familiar kid on the floor as three rottweilers with pink bows slowly came toward him. I jumped into the scene just as one of the dogs pounced, mouth wide open.

    “No! Don’t’ hurt him!” I yelled as I ran right in front of the dog, arms up to protect the boy. I closed my eyes and readied myself for fangs to take a chunk out of me, but the dog stopped and stared at me, as did his friends. Instead, they changed their attitude and became really friendly, which wasn’t a surprise. I always had a way with animals, although I have no idea why. I pet them all and told them to not hurt the boy before I turned around and reached out to help the boy up.

    “T-that was you?” I croaked, surprised. I can see the resemblance, but only a smidgen. He’s really grown all these years.

    Drake nodded. “Yeah.” His eyes saddened. “I heard about your parents. Mr. and Mrs. Taylor were such nice people.”

    I nodded as sadness came, forming tears in my eyes, only to fall. Just as it came, it disappeared, leaving me an empty husk once again. I placed a hand on my heart. There’s something wrong with me.

    Drake glanced out the window. “We’re here.”

    I looked up to see my house. Startled, I sat up. How does he know where I live?

    “I’ve been looking for you ever since that incident, finding any information that lead to you.”

    I gulped. Does that mean he knows what happened to me in New York?

    “Alan, I know what happened to you and I wished no one had to go through that hell.” Drake whispered as he parked in front of my house, taking the keys out of the ignition. The car was submerged in darkness. “It was painful to read what that guy did to you and I want to say I’m sorry you had to go through all that.”

    I didn’t do anything, just sat there and stared at the darkness. Nothing, not even pain of the memories or disgust in myself could reach me. I was empty and nothing else. My vision began to fuzz, blending in with the darkness. I knew I was losing conscious and I gladly leapt in it’s dark embrace. I would rather not be here at the moment, then endure the feeling of being empty and cold inside. Anything but that.

    “Alan? Hey are you okay?” Drake asked, concerned. His voice began to sound fuzzy too. “Alan? Alan! Hey!”

    That was the last thing I heard before my mind shut down on me, leaving me to wade blissfully in black peace.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

(Aunt Claire’s POV)

    I sat in the living room, watching My Cat From Hell on Animal Planet. Wrapped in a soft, warm blanket, I sat on my couch in my pajamas, sipping a nice cup of coffee. I already ate dinner, which was delicious as always. If Alan doesn’t become a veterinarian with his power to attract animals, then he should go to the culinary side of the world. With his skills, he would make a lot of money in no time.

    The muffled sounds of a car door slamming brought my attention away from the television to the window. Suddenly, the front door was banging loudly as shouts of an unfamiliar man yelled for help.

    Curious, I uncurled myself from the couch and proceeded to the door, taking the baseball bat I kept hidden by the front entrance in my hands. I unlocked the door and opened it to see a humongous guy with panicked eyes in front of me, holding onto Alan, whose unconscious and limp in his arms. His skin was a ghastly pale, well he was always pale, but this is a lot paler than he usually is.

    Horrified, I dropped the bat and rushed over to him. “Alan? Oh my god, what happened?” I glared at the big oaf carrying him inside the house. “Who are you and do you have something to do with this?”

    He shook his head. “I’m Drake and I have no idea what happened.”

    I sighed and motioned him to the couch. “Leave him there. I’ll go call a doctor.”

    Drake nodded and went over to the couch, gently laying Alan down. He brushed Alan’s hair back from his face, a vulnerable emotion on his face. Hmm, so this guy likes Ally Bear too. Chase, you have some competition.

    I called the local hospital and asked if there were any doctors available for a house visit. There was and I told them my address. The nurse on the line told me that someone will come as soon as they can. I hung up and went to the closet, pulling out a fresh blanket and pillow, using my foot to slam the door closed.

    Drake rushed over and helped me with my burden, taking the blanket and pillows from my hands. He lifted Alan’s head to slip the pillow beneath him, then covered him up with the blanket. I placed a hand on Alan’s forehead, then examined his demeanor. His eyes are puffy, meaning he cried today. Not good.

    “Explain to me what happened and don’t give me some cut up bullshit. I want all the details, nothing left out.” The calm I always blanketed over me during work came to me like a friend. I need to stay calm in order to access this situation.

    Drake sat at the end of the couch, my Alan’s feet. “It all started before the game…” He told me about how he approached Alan, how he was searching for Alan all these years, about the party, how Alan’s behavior changed during the party, his almost emptiness and devoid of emotion while he drove Alan home, and how he suddenly lost conscious. I asked him questions during his explanation and he didn’t hesitate to answer.

    I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. So all in all, it has something to do with Chase and I’m pretty sure he did something that made Alan this way…

    I slammed my hand on the table, cracking the glass. Drake jumped from the impact. That little shit. He definitely did something. When I find him, I’m going to break every single fucking bone in his body.

    The doorbell rang. I got up and stomped over to the door, yanking it open. The doctor, who happened to be Dr. Krentz, took a step back from the loud bang of my door knob colliding with the wall. “Uhhh, I got a house call here…”

    Oh yeah. I changed my demeanor to that of a pleasant smile. “Oh yes. Come in. Come in.” I waved him in.

    Dr. Krentz stared at me for a few seconds, confused. I guess it’s a shock to see some lady you don’t really know change attitudes from murderous to pleasant in a matter of seconds. Shaking his head, he walked in, taking in the house. His lips curved to a sad smile, his eyes glazed from something he’s thinking about in his head.

    He abruptly snapped out of it and turned to me, his posture all professional. “May I see the patient?”

    I nodded. “Sure. Right this way.” I showed him to the living room and headed over to where Drake and Alan are, the two didn’t move the entire time.

    Dr. Krentz crouched down and placed his bag on the table. He hesitated as he spotted the cracked glass surface. He opened his bag and took out a stethoscope. He lifted up Alan’s shirt and winced a bit from the sight of the scars. A hiss from behind me told me that Drake saw the scars.

    “Holy shit,” Drake muttered from behind.

    Dr. Krentz placed the circular metal part of the stethoscope on Alan’s chest and listened to his heartbeat, moving it around to get a better hearing. He removed the stethoscope and took out a small flashlight, shining it in Alan’s eyes, one of his hands opening each eye. After doing a few more tests, Dr. Krentz stood up.

    “Well doctor? Is he going to be okay?” I asked, biting my lip.

    Dr. Krentz sighed and scratched his head. “He seems fine, just unconscious, but I want him at the hospital to see if there’s really nothing wrong with him.”

    I nodded. “Of course. I’ll bring the car.” I turned to Drake. “What about you honey?”

    Drake shrugged. “I’m taking my own car there. That way, I can leave anytime.”

    “Are you sure? If you would like to stay, there is a guess room upstairs.”

    Drake gazed at me with wide eyes, surprised at the offer. “Really? I don’t mean to impose.”

    I shook my head. “Nonsense. I can already tell that you’re a good boy.” I sighed and muttered under my breath, “Unlike that little chicken shit.”

    “Excuse me?”

    I blinked and smiled at him. “Oh nothing. Now come on and help me get Alan in the car.”

    Drake did as I commanded, lifting up Alan in his arms bridal style, and gently laid Alan in the back seat. Dr. Krentz slid into the passenger side. Drake ran off to get his car.

    It didn’t take long for us to arrive at the hospital. Drake, being sweetheart no matter how intimidating he is, rushed out of his car to mine, opening the back seat in order to carry Alan again. I awed at the sight, but stopped myself. It’s inappropriate to do that at this time.

    Dr. Krentz set us up with an empty room, the hospital quiet. It is pretty late in the night. Around eleven. There was maybe one nurse walking the halls, but other than that, no one was out and about. Everyone’s probably asleep.

    Drake laid Alan on the bed and took a step back as a nurse came in and helped set up the machines and Alan. When they finished, Dr. Krentz proceeded with more examinations, writing some things on a clipboard. I knew every procedure he’s doing, but I’m too lazy to say them all. I am a veterinarian after all.

    “Well, from what I’m seeing, Alan lost conscious due to stress and fatigue. From what I can see, he‘s pretty healthy, but a bit underweight for his age. The cause could be an event that caused a serious blow to his already fatigued brain, which has acted out by shutting down to protect himself from more harm.” Dr. Krentz raised an eyebrow. “Care to tell me the reason?”

    I shook my head. “I have an idea, but it hasn’t been confirmed yet.”

    Dr. Krentz nodded. “I understand. I’ll put him on an IV drip and let him stay here for tonight to see if anything else comes up.”

    “Okay.” I said softly, brushing my fingers against Alan’s cheek.

    Dr. Krentz placed a hand on my shoulder, a sympathetic smile on his lips. “I know I shouldn’t pry, but I did know Alan when he was a little boy. It pains me to see him in such a condition, and I am talking not only as a doctor, but as a friend. If you need anything, just press the button and a nurse will come right away.” He patted my shoulder, then left, silently closing the door behind him.

    Drake dragged a chair on the other side of the bed, across from me, his head resting on his hands, his elbows on his legs. He didn’t smile, just stared at Alan intently, watching over him like a protector. I’m a good judge of character, so I know that this boy will protect my baby.

    I sighed and rubbed the bridge of my nose. I should have listened to my instincts, acted when I felt something wrong the first time I met Chase, but I couldn’t do it. After seeing Alan finally peeking out of that cold, hard shell he protected himself with, I didn’t have the heart to stop him. I wanted my boy to be free from that shell, but never in my life would I have thought that having Alan out of that shell, only to be hurt in a vulnerable state, could cause this much damage.

    Something tells me that it’s not over, that this is only the beginning of the hell. Like the soft drizzle of rain before the biggest storm. I will do my best to protect Ally Bear from heading straight into it, no matter what it takes.

Dun Dun Dun Duuunn. Yep, i did it. I made things worse.

I know people want to kill me for this, so it's a good thing you guys don't know where i live.

I might not be able to upload the next chapter any time soon. This week's exam week and i have to cram. Essays, essay exams, math exams, japanese exams, labs, ten page summaries, etc. You get it right? I'm busy. When this is all cleared up, i might be able to upload more chapters. Gotta skedaddle.

Vote, Comment, and Read. Love Eni <3