Tough Decisions And Secret Regrets

^^^^ For the awesome banner over there! Sorry it took so long to post it, just found it again.  >.<                                

Christy POV

Staring at his handsome face directly across from mine I could see the regret flash in his eyes, just before they hardened with resolution.  He had made his decision and it wasn’t the one I had been hoping for.

It was the one that clearly didn’t include me.

“I’m sorry Christy, but I think its best this way. To end this before it ruins us both,” He said with finality seeping from his tone leaving no room for argument.

I heard the words as if they were coming from far off, through a rush of blood roaring in my ears making me slightly light headed.

Standing abruptly, I felt the back of my knees connect with the chair and knock it backwards to the floor.  Even the sound of it crashing behind me wasn’t enough to push back the horrible gnawing ache that was ripping me apart from the inside out.

Stumbling past him I ran for the basement door, too far gone to fear the stairs as I had before… Too numb to worry about a fall that could easily cause my demise…

‘Like I’d feel it anyway,’ I thought rather pathetically.

Reaching into my pocket I yanked my keys out, fumbling with the key fob and pressing the button to unlock my car and get out of here before I completely broke down.

I was so stupid.

I should have seen this coming. I should have known that once I gave in to him that he would discard me like an unwanted article of clothing, like a piece of trash littering his path.

How could I let myself think otherwise?

Jerking my car door open I launched myself inside slamming the door and shoving the key into the ignition before putting my car into gear and peeling out of there as fast as I dared.

All the while I was swallowing down the sobs that wanted to consume me and the tears that were fighting to break free.

Somehow I found myself back at the college and pulled into an available parking space. I briefly set my head upon the steering wheel taking a shaky breath, trying to steady myself before I went to my room and had to face Leslie and most probably Ryan as well.

As I sat there I realized I had left my things at the cabin but couldn’t be bothered to really care. I’d just go replace what I needed at the store here on campus.

There was no way I’d go back there willingly just to pick up a few possessions.  Hell, there was no way I’d willingly want to see him again.

I knew I could always drop his class, but I didn’t want to have to do that and either lose the credits or have to play catch up in another class, and he was the only professor teaching this course for the semester since they hadn’t found a replacement for the other professor who was out on maternity leave.

Basically I was screwed.

Could life get any shittier?

Sighing, I finally pushed the door open and exited the car making my way to my dorm sluggishly.

I was praying frantically that it would be empty and I could just have some time to myself. Time to lick my wounds without anyone witnessing; without anyone trying to offer me comfort when all I wanted was space.